All the hubbub about fundraising in the startup world overshadows the most important factor in startup success: the people who work for them. Startup employees often receive equity as part of their compensation, but most people who are not experienced investors, lawyers, or accountants are unfamiliar with the nuts and bolts of startup equity.
At Startup Equity 101 Primer, you'll learn:
- difference between common and preferred stock
- how a vesting schedule works
- tax implication of equity ownership
- how fundraising can result in dilution
- impact of company acquisition or IPO on employee equity
- what an employee can ask for when negotiating equity
This class is based on the presentation given at June 13th Meetup event, and is best suited for those contemplating joining or founding an early stage company.
More details are here on Skillshare, where you can register for $10. All proceeds will be donated to American Red Cross: Hurricane Sandy Relief.