How to Make Hiring a Strength of Your Company
Daniel Chait, Co-Founder, Greenhouse
Wednesday, August 22nd from 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Finding and landing the right talent is one of the most important drivers of any business. Yet, how many companies are actually good at it? Even great entrepreneurs and companies suffer from
unclear or fluffy job definitions, an inability to find enough good candidates, ad-hoc interviews by hastily convened teams, and unorganized closing and onboarding.
In this focused and practical session, you will learn:
- The 4 lists that make up your hiring plan
- A foolproof way to write better, more useful job descriptions that result in better candidates
- How to identify and take advantage of the best sources of candidates for your recruiting needs
- How to run a lean, mean interviewing process, and why most typical interviews are a waste of time
- Selling & closing – the most important part of the recruiting process
Daniel Chait is the co-founder of Greenhouse (www.greenhouse.io) a modern, smart recruiting platform. He previously co-founded Lab49, a strategy, design and technology consulting firm that builds advanced solutions for the world's leading investment banks, hedge funds and exchanges, where he was responsible for global Human Capital, including recruitment, strategic HR, performance management, and training. Daniel graduated in 1995 from the University of Michigan with a degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. He has spoken and presented at numerous industry events including the University of Michigan Center for Entrepreneurship, Microsoft Financial Services Developer Conference and the Wharton Entrepreneurship Conference, and is a member of New York Angels.
Can't make it? Sign up at http://generalassemb.ly to stay in the loop on future events and classes.