As the Spring 2013 show season comes to an end, a panel of industry insiders will review the latest digital innovations surrounding them. What were the new digital technologies? What platforms were used the most to cover the shows online? What are the stand-out social media initiatives?
- 6-6:30 - networking, open bar on the terrace (weather permitting)
- 6:30-7:30 - speaker panel
- 7:30 and later - networking, open bar on the terrace
1. Michelle Horowitz - Executive Vice President of Marketing and Communications for Diane von Furstenberg. Prior to joining DVF, Michelle served as the Chief of Staff for the CMO at Thomson Reuters. There, her objective was to empower a team of 70 with the command and expertise to execute outstanding marketing programs in order to position Thomson Reuters as the most forward thinking, customer-focused partner in the market. Leading Brand & Advertising, Digital & Social Media, Marketing Web Services and Audience Development, she brought a fresh perspective to planning and transformed the business model for 2011. During her tenure, Thomson Reuters took a step further into leading edge marketing with the creation of the Digital & Social Media Center of Excellence and the development of a consistent communication strategy. Throughout her career, Michelle has established herself as a global digital and media strategist, product innovator and trend expert in the information, broadcast and multimedia markets. She has an accomplished track record of transforming traditional news and content companies into reformed entities while creating new business models.
2. Rachel Arthur - Editor, Media & Marketing, WGSN. Rachel is a London-based business journalist and digital specialist. As media and marketing editor at leading trend forecaster WGSN, she focuses on luxury fashion and retail communications, analysing the latest ad campaigns, reporting on brand strategy, and obsessing over new developments across the digital landscape. She also runs the @wgsn Twitter account, is a lead contributor to the company's Tumblr, and can be found tweeting herself about the crossroads of fashion and technology @rachel_arthur. Her work can also be seen in The Daily Telegraph and Mashable, and quoted in titles including Elle UK, The Wall Street Journal and Stylist.
3. Amy Odell @amyodell - Amy Odell is the editor of BuzzFeeds vertical geared towards women, SHIFT. Odell was previously senior editor at New York Magazine and ran The Cut, a popular fashion blog. US Weekly named Odell one of the most stylish New Yorkers and TIME deemed her Twitter feed one of the best of 2012. Odell is a regular guest on HLN and has appeared on Inside Edition, Entertainment Tonight, The Insider and ITV.
4. Jill Meltz - Director of Sales, FashionGPS
MODERATOR: Yuli Ziv - Founder & CEO, Style Coalition
Follow the conversation on Twitter at #fashion20.
Fashion 2.0 meetup is supported by LIM College, The Center for Graduate Studies & Continuing Education and ExchangeGuru.