Adobe Game Jam|
New York – March 8 & 9
Are you into building Games? Do you want to show your gaming coding skills, have fun, and win some cool prizes? Then come join us March 8 & 9 for the Adobe Game Jam. You’ll meet like minded people and learn more about game design and development using Adobe technologies.
- The game must be built using ActionScript 3 targeting Adobe Flash Player® or built using the CreateJS framework targeting HTML5.
- For Flash games, they can be in 2D or 3D but must use Stage3D, Adobe’s fully hardware-accelerated architecture for Flash Player and Adobe AIR.
- For HTML5 games, they must use the CreateJS framework and at least some of your assets will need to be created using the Flash CS6 CreateJS exporter.
- You may use assets, code, and other content created prior to the game jam but every game developed during the jam must be based upon the jam's theme which will be emailed to all registered participants three days before the Game Jam.
- You can work alone or as part of a team. It is highly recommended that you join a team to get the most out of the event. Each team is limited to a maximum number of five members.
- You must present the game at 6:00 PM on Saturday. You can present either a working prototype or finished game.
12-month subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud®
*Prizes may vary by location according to availablity of Creative Cloud.
Participants will vote for winners
- You will need to bring your own equipment (laptop and/or devices ) to build and demo the game. (There will be limited set of devices available on-site for testing and presenting your game)
- To save time, either Flash Builder 4.7 beta (free download) or Flash Professional CS6 (free 30-day trial available) are recommended to already be installed on your laptop before the Game Jame begins.
- Wi-Fi will be provided
Schedule- please note this is not an overnight event.
Friday, March 8th
Registration/Meet & Greet
Introduction: Demo of Stage 3D apps for iOS/Android + Desktop and a basic walkthough of available engines and tooling.
Brainstorm & Teams: You can work solo or form a team of up to 5 members. Experts will be on hand to help you implement a plan for Saturday’s coding.
End of Day 1
*Dinner and beverages will be provided
Check-in (Coffee & breakfast will be provided)
Start coding! Experts will be on hand to answer questions and help troubleshoot.
Saturday, March 9th
Break for Lunch (Catered lunch)
All Games Finalized
Teams present games (5 min each)
Attendees vote on games
Winners & Prizes announced
1540 Broadway 17th FL
New York, NY 10036