NYTechWomen Hosted Pre-Meet for NYTM
Our pre-meet is free, but tickets for the main NYTM event
MUST BE PURCHASED THROUGH NYTM DIRECTLY. IMPORTANT!!!
5:45 - 6:45 meet for a quick drink and mingle
6:45 - 7:00 walk to NYTM event to get seats together
Because this is a brief pre-meeting where timing is important, we do not recommend you join us if you are attending one of the simulcast events.
Please feel free to attend even if this is your first NYTechWomen event - our group is always friendly and welcoming, and a great way to help ease the intimidation of a large event.
(If you have an extra ticket for the main event, or didn't get a ticket, feel free to Tweet at us @NYTechWomen and we'll try to connect you for ticket exchanges. We usually have a few people show up with extra tickets to sell at face value.)
Rules of Engagement: Small Things Make a Big Difference
1. Smile and introduce yourself. It’s amazing how welcoming this can make a new member feel. Make sure to set a good example by holding your head up high and saying hello.
2. Circulate and share openly. Challenge yourself to meet someone new at every event. Your thoughts and opinions are the product of years of your own unique experience. Be generous with that.
3. Take the time to listen. We're in hectic New York mode. Let's slow down and enjoy a real conversation.
4. Spread the spirit of inclusiveness. We're out to change the world by showing that being nice is a position of power. Great achievements are never made in solitude.
5. Keep the conversation going. Make sure to followup when you say you will and reach out when you have questions or ideas. This is a mutually supportive group.
If you have not already done so, please be certain to sign up for our NYTechWomen Newsletter to be in-the-know on the latest happenings with the community.