THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A MORE FAVORABLE CLIMATE FOR WOMEN TO LAUNCH NEW BUSINESSES & MAXIMIZE INVESTMENT RETURNS
DOWNLOAD EVENT PROGRAM
In this remarkable moment in history, the U.S. regulatory landscape, its capital markets and the innovation that drives those markets are simultaneously on the threshold of extraordinary change. Unlike previous waves of innovation that have rejuvenated public stock exchanges, this one is aimed directly at galvanizing private marketplaces where today’s fastest growing companies now reside. We believe that we are currently witnessing the rise of the next great stock market, known as the Private Company Marketplace (PCM), which is being fueled by a revolution in mass communications and historic regulatory reform.
The passage of the “Jumpstart our Business Start-ups Act” (JOBS Act) amends improvident securities laws that have stymied economic growth by cultivating a financial system that benefits a privileged few while discounting the vast majority. With new legislation democratizing the financial markets and allowing capital to flow back to entrepreneurs and retail investors, there has never been a more favorable climate for America’s women to launch new businesses and maximize investment returns.
Join senior management of the leading Crowdfunding & PCM platforms, tax, legal & regulatory experts as well as retirement specialists, prominent economists, angels, venture capitalists, incubators and visionaries at NowStreet’s Women Transforming our Financial Markets Symposium as we provide the knowledge, encouragement and relationships needed to succeed in a transforming marketplace.
We look forward to empowering more women in business and finance as well as honoring those ladies who continue to raise glass ceilings and inspire new generations.
Dara Albright, NowStreet
Diana Ayton-Shenker, Founder of Global Momenta
- Amy Cortese, Accomplished Journalist, Speaker & Author of Locavesting
- Luan Cox, Founder & CEO of Crowdnetic
- Doug Ellenoff, Member of Ellenoff Grossman & Schole
- Judith Feder, Managing Director at du Pasquier & Co., Inc
- Gloria Feldt, Inspirational speaker, Author
- John Frankel, Partner at ff Venture Capital
- Sara Hanks, Co-founder and CEO of CrowdCheck
- Hazel Henderson, Founder of Ethical Markets Media, LLC
- Matthew Henninger, Founder of CEDI Society
- Lori Hoberman, Partner of Chadbourne & Parke
- Constance Hunter, Global Economist & Senior Advisor at ISN CC, a financial services consultancy
- James A. Jones, Director of Business Development for Accuplan
- Jason Jones, Portfolio Manager of HighStep Capital
- Candace Klein, Founder of Bad Girl Ventures & SomoLend
- Connie Koch, President, Southern California Region of Keiretsu Forum
- Mitchell Littman, Founding Partner of Littman Krooks
- Gene Massey, CEO of MediaShares
- Brian Meece, CEO of RocketHub
- Monika Mitchell, CEO of Good Business International
- Vince Molinari, CEO of Gate Technologies
- Kathleen A Murray, Angel Investor and CEO of BoardmyBiz.com
- Scott Purcell, Founder of Arctic Island
- Phil Reicherz, Founder & Managing Partner at Magnolia Ventures LLC
- Stacy Robin, Director, Marketing at EisnerAmper
- Judy Robinett, Prominent Venture Investor
- April Rudin, CEO of The Rudin Group
- Barbara Russell, Co-Founder of The Social Internet Fund
- Rich Salute, Capital Markets and SEC Practice Consultant for CohnReznick
- Dr. Charles Sidman, Managing Partner of ECS Capital Partners and Angels
- Greg Slamowitz, Co-CEO of Ambrose Employer Group, LLC.
- McKenzie M. Slaughter, Founder & CEO of Prohaus Group &
- Beauty & The Bull Magazine
- Robin Smith, M.D., MBA, Chairman & CEO of Neostem, Inc
- Karla Valas, Managing Director at Fidelity Charitable
- Kim Wales, Founder of Wales Capital
- Michaela Walsh, Honorary Trustee of Women's World Banking (WWB) & accomplished author
- Freeman White, CEO of Launcht
Attendees will include primarily female entrepreneurs, crowdfunding professionals & enthusiasts, angels, accredited investors; investment bankers; wealth managers; VCs; family offices; incubators; private equity firms; pre-IPO fund managers; hedge funds; brokers; secondary stock specialists; equity analysts; select members of the media as well as tax, legal and regulatory experts.
Key Discussion Points Will Include:
Raising capital & maximizing returns as U.S. market structure evolves
The demise of the small cap IPO and its consequences on job creation & economic growth
Redefining Capital Formation
How equity-based crowdfunding and peer-to peer-lending will revolutionize the marketplace
How to legally and successfully crowdfund in the current environment
The differences between securities-based Crowdfunding, reward-based Crowdfunding & typical micro-cap investing
Using social media and other advances in communications to reach investors & provide greater transparency
Finding the ideal financing structure for your business/client
The developing Crowdfunding organizations and introductions to its leaders
Private share transacting
The settling & clearing of private shares
How the removal of the solicitation ban impacts investment bankers, issuers, hedge funds, the marketing & PR industry and investors
Meeting angels & incubators
Constructive liquidity strategies for private company stock
Funding your venture with Self-Directed IRAs
Using retirement accounts to gain diversified exposure to some of the fastest growing private companies
Tax issues related to JOBS Act changes
How capitalism & humanitarianism can converge to form new investing philosophies
How women can help transform Wall Street, create jobs and rejuvenate the economy
PRESS PASSES ARE AVAILABLE TO SELECT MEMBERS OF THE MEDIA. PLEASE EMAIL PRESS@NOWSTREETEVENTS.COM FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO OBTAIN A COMPLIMENTARY PRESS PASS
Bestselling author, speaker, and professor, Gloria Feldt, will be hosting her acclaimed “Women, Power, and Leadership workshop”. This 45 minute interactive session will provide participants with the practical 'Power Tools' needed to become unlimited in their lives, leadership, and careers. If you would like more information on this valuable workshop session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are grateful for all of our sponsors and for their contributions to enhancing capital formation, facilitating wealth creation and for helping to inspire economic prosperity. Please take the time to get to know their businesses.
* Refunds (minus service charges) will be allowable up to the day before the event. Any refunds must be requested by December 11th.