1. Joaquin Roca talk on Team Dynamics. Joaquin has a Ph.D. in Social-Organizational Psychology and helps companies scale human systems (1hr)
2. Open forum to ask for help (5 min).
3. Panel: Growing a technology team from 1 to 30+ with 4 of NY's leading CTOs and a CTO-turned-VC. (1hr)
4. After-hours hanging out at a nearby bar / restaurant.
1. Joaquin Roca talk on Team Dynamics (1hr)
Joaquin will talk about growing human systems from the perspective of latest psychology and team dynamics research. http://joaquinroca.com/
Joaquin Roca help NY startups gracefully scale their human systems.
Joaquin guide these ventures as their co-founders work through difficult conversations and build relationships; while their teams discover how to work productively together; through the process of mindfully creating culture; and as they mature to help them remain nimble at scale. Over the past 13 years he's consulted for large-scale change initiatives, facilitated trainings, led strategic planning sessions and retreats, coached executives, and conducted applied research projects. As a consultant Joaquin worked with lots of great organizations including Harvest, SumAll, Urtak, numerous agencies in the United Nations system, The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, and Pfizer, to name a few.
2. Open forum to ask for help (5 min). This is a chance for people to ask questions from others, whether about some technology you are evaluating or some management issue you are struggling with.
3. Panel: Growing a technology team from 1 to 30+
If you are one day faced with the issue of scaling your infrastructure, chances are you will be simultaneously working on scaling your technology team. Our panelists will discuss some of the things that changed as they grew teams over their careers e.g., the types of people they hired; processes that scaled and processes that didn't; how they adapted their org structures etc.
Moderator: Liz Crawford, CTO @ Birchbox
Andrey Akselrod, CTO @ Smartling
Gil Beyda, Founder and Managing Partner @ Genacast Ventures
Tom Janofsky, VPE @ Monetate
Cailin Nelson, VPE @ Turntable
Ian White, CTO @ Sailthru
4. After-hours hanging out at a nearby bar / restaurant. We'll walk over after the meetup. We usually have about 20-30 people coming, come out with us!