Leeia Music Presents
MUSIC LICENSING: A SEMINAR FOR FILMMAKERS, RECORDING ARTISTS & MUSIC PRODUCERS, and INTERNET ENTREPRENEURS
This seminar will address what you need to know and how much it will cost to clear songs and pre-recorded music for any audiovisual, recording or Internet based project including: Feature movies, Documentaries, Commercials, Audio compilations, Sample Clearances & re-mixes, plus Websites and Digital platforms featuring music.
PLUS, we will also discuss how to get YOUR music into movies, TV and websites featuring music.
Music Attorney Steve Gordon , Esq. (www.stevegordonlaw.com)
Van Wilson, MTV, Music & Media http://www.mtvhive.com/, http://liquidtelevision.com/
Sebastian Faber, Imagem Music http://us.imagem-music.com/
Wesley Verhoeve, Head of Family Records http://thefamilyrecords.com/
The following music clearance topics will be covered:
· Strategies for securing music for your project while staying within budget
· How to handle 'Most Favored Nations' -- when a copyright owner insists on terms no less favorable than those granted by others
· How to go about clearing music samples;
· Synchronization licenses vs. mechanical licenses
· Festival licenses
· When you don't need a license: 'Fair Use' and 'PD'
· How to seek out the help of a professional
· The consequences of using copyrighted music without a license.
The following music issues pertaining to licensing YOUR music will be covered:
· How to find an approach music supervisors
· The role of small record companies and managers
· What those who seek music are willing to pay
· Money versus promotional value
· Music reps and licensing agencies: Pro’s and Con’s