How would you like to solve some of the biggest problems in healthcare? Ready to immerse yourself in the tech that helps more people find doctors and gives them better access to their healthcare? Join Zocdoc’s Patient Engineering Team!
Zocdoc is seeking an experienced full-stack search engineer to help us build our best in class search infrastructure and continue to push the boundaries of scalability and performance. We believe that patients and doctors deserve top-tier, 21st century technology that enhances, not diminishes, the healthcare experience.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Patient Team, you’ll be directly responsible for helping to grow Zocdoc’s reach, driving increased patient conversions, and helping to provide a better health care experience to millions of people. We are truly passionate about being the Digital Center of Care and it begins with providing the best experience for patients!
What you’ll do:
• Help develop Zocdoc’s next-gen search platform and revolutionize the way patients find doctors
• Work with a talented team of front-end and full-stack engineers to build frameworks, features, and new technology capabilities
• Maintain close collaboration with the patient, product, data science, and devops teams
• Build next generation search infrastructure using leading edge technologies and help Zocdoc position itself for growth of scale
• Learn from some of the industry’s brightest and mentor other engineers
• Curiosity and vision – you have a passion for technology and can think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software
• Passionate about learning something new and putting that knowledge to good use.
• Technical chops. You have designed and implemented fast and efficient software solutions using object-oriented languages, leveraging relational/non-relational database technology
• 5+ years of experience doing full-stack development
• Experience with the following preferred, but not required:
o Elasticsearch / Lucene / Search Engines
o AWS / Cloudformation, Docker, Ansible
• Computer Science or related degree preferred
What you’ll get:
• A home at our award-winning NYC workplace
• Stock options and 100% employer-covered health insurance.
• Catered lunch every day in our sunlit SoHo office
• An incredible team of smart and supportive people.
• The chance to create a better healthcare experience for millions of patients!