Have you taken a good system and made it great? Do you think about horizontal scalability, fully automated environments, and service-oriented architectures in your sleep? Would you like to use your coding and architecture skills to build powerful new systems that solve some of the biggest problems in healthcare?
Join Zocdoc and help take our technology to the next level! As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for new services and features that solve the problems facing both patients and doctors. You will need a proven ability to architect elegant solutions to challenges spanning multiple systems, and to effectively share your technical vision with others. If you’re creative, talented, have a strong sense of both technical and business ownership, and enjoy solving complex challenges that have a huge impact on healthcare, this is definitely the role for you!
What you’ll do:
• Work with an agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers
• Develop on a complete AWS stack in Scala and .NET Core
• Make an impact by owning and releasing features that impact the patients, doctors, and the whole company
• Use your engineering skills to make Zocdoc more robust, faster, and easier to maintain.
• Learn from some of the industry’s brightest and mentor other engineers.
• Curiosity and vision. You have a passion for technology and can think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software.
• Technical chops. You have designed and implemented fast and efficient large-scale software solutions. You have a passion for scalable systems (e.g. you read HighScalability for fun) and stellar design.
• Mentorship skills. Not satisfied with just getting the job done, you should really enjoy helping your peers hone their skills.
• 6+ years of general engineering experience.
• Computer Science or related degree preferred
What you’ll get:
• A home at one of the best places to work in NYC (Crain’s New York and Forbes winner of “Best Places to Work in NYC”)
• A competitive salary and stock option package
• 100% employer-covered health insurance
• Unlimited vacation days
• Catered lunch everyday
• To work with an incredible team of smart and supportive people
• The chance to create a better healthcare experience for millions of patients!