|Posted On: ||Friday, Dec 14|
|At Temboo we're building an SDK for the Cloud: a next-generation set of software development tools that simplify creating, deploying, and managing apps that interact with external services.||
|Temboo is a small, solid start-up full of smart people who love to learn from each other, and are motivated by a larger sense of a purpose. Our mission is to impact and improve the ways technology is created and put to use: we're changing the way code gets written, and in doing so, removing barriers to making. By building tools that work with the cloud, we make it possible for developers to focus on the 'what' and 'why' of app invention while we take care of the 'how.' Our intelligent code snippets called Choreos are instantly deployable, updatable, modular and scalable. They make playing with APIs simple, and implementing otherwise time-consuming and technically difficult processes (like handling authentication) nearly automagical. The result: a new wave of makers and apps that can call upon the clouds and bring forth innovative and meaningful technology that will improve lives.
We're looking for a smart, creative DevOps Engineer with a fierce dedication to making things happen, who shares our commitment to innovation and pushing the technical envelope. You're a hero, but we'll provide the cape and outfit if you don't already have one.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Designing and building our Cloud Platform.
* Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers, software, networks and operating systems. Helping us decide what needs to get built, then building it.
* Researching and resolving technical problems. Handling internal requests for technical support. Documenting, tracking, and monitoring issues across all our servers to keep us ticking.
* Releasing software and system upgrades, writing scripts to enhance and automate the build/release process, building and packaging Linux- and Windows-based products, maintaining the source control environment, defining and documenting policies and procedures, evaluating and installing patches.
* Performing root-cause analysis for service interruptions and creating preventative measures for deployment. Making things better.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
* Experience providing hands-on System Administration supporting web-facing systems, particularly in the areas of Linux, virtualization, database/SQL clustering, load balancing and scripting.
* The ability to see things from the customer's perspective and empathize with their concerns, and the determination to find a solution that will delight them.
* The inability to live with something you think is broken.
* The ability to juggle multiple simultaneous projects and work under tight deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
* Bonus points for: prior working experience in the cloud/utility computing domain (Amazon, RackSpace, Heroku, etc.), experience with some combination of C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby or PHP.
* Experience working in a startup.
* A sense of humor!
It's hard to say "you have to have the above qualifications," because we value a great talent/cultural fit more than any specific degrees. If the job tempts you and you think you can ace it, holler!
Our company culture promotes individual contribution, innovation, excellence, and the belief that work should also be fun. We offer competitive compensation, flexible working hours, a casual office environment, and respect for individual contribution and autonomy. We're looking for people who have interests outside of work as well, so don't let that side project/superhero alter-ego get in the way of getting in touch.
Does this sound like you? If so, there may be a place for you at Temboo. Candidates outside the New York area will be considered for relocation.
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your resume and a cover letter. Tell us the coolest thing you built in the last two years. Email jobs-at-temboo-dot-com and include "DevOps Engineer" in the subject line.