|Posted On: ||Friday, Dec 14|
Bloomberg's R&D Network Design & Information Security (NDIS) group is responsible for the design, architecture, development and security for Bloomberg's internal and client-facing global network, security, and virtualization infrastructure.
The NDIS group is looking for a full-stack systems engineer and developer. As a successful candidate, you will be challenged to work on a wide range of technologies with the primary focus being on designing the next generation secure and robust infrastructure behind Bloomberg web and mobile platforms. Not only will you lead high-level design, but also get your hands dirty in building prototypes and driving implementation of the systems in production environments. You will be working in a highly creative and innovative team environment alongside systems/network designers, architects, as well as network security and integration specialists. You will work closely with internal application development teams to understand how applications function, the software and processes required to run and monitor them, and the common architectural patterns that can be distilled into common infrastructure. You must be able to work in a team environment and listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve, multitask effectively, and prioritize tasks in a high-pressure, challenging, and rewarding environment.
You will be able to lead design of efficient approaches to monitoring, deployment, automation, and alerting, in an environment where they are all big data problems.
- Evaluate new technologies and growing Bloomberg's internal and internet-facing web cloud
- Evaluate infrastructure requirements from dev and design/deploy solutions (high availability, big data clusters, elastic load tolerance, etc.)
- Create productive models for integrating internal dev teams and vendors with our infrastructure
- Understand and collaboratively derive common SDLC workflows for a variety of web development necessities (source control, integration build, packaging and deployment)
- Assess and improve existing web architectures and web site performance
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ Years experience working in software development of distributed systems, or devops.
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies, such as EC2, Xen, KVM, OpenStack
- Strong knowledge of big data technologies. You should be able to speak about the pros/cons of technologies like Riak, Cassandra, S3, HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB,
- Strong knowledge of web servers including Apache and Tomcat, as well as newer, popular web servers and proxies including nginx, HAProxy, and Varnish
- Strong knowledge of web and networking protocols: TCP, DNS, SSH, HTTP/S,
- Strong knowledge of resource and system optimization on Linux
- Strong knowledge of identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving system level issues on large, busy networks.
- Proficiency with packaging and deployment tools such as Maven, Capistrano, Puppet, NPM, etc
- Proficiency in scripting automation in your preferred languages
- Proficiency in git and Subversion
- Proficiency with automated build software such as Team City or CruiseControl
About Bloomberg LP
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
|Bloomberg connects influential decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. Our strength - quickly and accurately delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology - is at the core of everything we do. || ||