Come self-learn the languages of blockchain in a supportive environment by joining or forming a study group! No DLT programming language experience necessary. Would be great if you've coded in something, but pure interest goes a long way.
NOTE: We've added Golang / Go to the list!
In the near future, we'll go through Cosmos SDK -- a framework for building blockchain applications in Golang. https://github.com/cosmos/sdk-application-tutorial/blob/master/tutorial/README.md
Keep an eye out for the upcoming Cosmos SDK session at https://www.meetup.com/Starfish-Mission/
In the meantime, why not learn Go in preparation?
***You don't have to be interested in Cosmos to create a study group or be a part of one at Starfish. Anyone wanting to self-learn Go or any other language (that happens to be blockchain-related) in a supportive space with peers is also welcome.***
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1) Bring your laptop.
2) Show up at Starfish & network to find like-minded peers. We'll make an announcement in the morning to help you find other people interested in blockchain programming languages. You can also self-organize a study group prior & bring them to Starfish. Or plan one through our GoLang Discord channel: https://discord.gg/aB5r4AC
3) Open up an online tutorial of your liking (suggestions below) & start learning in a room with others who are also learning.
4) That's it!
For other blockchain language tutorials...
- CryptoZombies: Great primer on Solidity http://www.cryptozombies.io
- Ethernaut: Smart contract tutorial https://ethernaut.zeppelin.solutions/
- Hyperledger Composer: Build a Hyperledger solution from scratch
- Python: https://www.learnpython.org/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE9v9rt6ziw
If you've got a project you're working on or something you'd like to further your understanding of with others, please bring it!
The Peer-to-Peer Self-Guided Study Groups are a part of "Distributed Saturdays", a bi-weekly, peer-to-peer blockchain & protocol-agnostic learning fest for both technical & non-technical people of ALL knowledge levels. This learning fest offers several tracks, including 1 to 3 featured learning sessions or workshops, Blockchain 101 + A Blockchain Roleplaying Game or Fresh Angle, Build-a-thon, Peer-to-Peer Learning, & the White Paper Book Club. Distributed Saturdays is a Starfish event held in partnership with SF Ethereum.
Join the Discord to get more involved in Starfish working groups & projects! https://discord.gg/kHRpuAWThank
Starfish Mission is a pioneering hub for the blockchain community - founded by the Starfish Network. We are dedicated to creating spaces & learning opportunities for the community which inspires us; to change commerce, communication & governance, effectively upgrading the operating system of our world.
Why Starfish? Starfish are decentralized, resilient organisms with no central control unit. All the arms communicate with each other to decide where to move next.
We are Starfish. You are Starfish.
Contact info @ starfish.network
SF Ethereum is a mission-driven organization that provides a forum for those interested in the movement towards decentralization, accountability, increased security, & transparency of business & government entities through the use of Ethereum blockchain technology.