Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a People Strategy Lead to join our People team & support the Oscar Medical Group & other Clinical functions.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
In this role youll be primarily responsible for strategic HR partnership & generalist HR support of Oscar Medical Group (OMG). This would include offering traditional HR & employee relations counsel, administration of benefits & leaves, ownership & relationship management of the HRIS/PEO vendor solution, & management of employee & contractor lifecycle processes such as on/off boarding, performance management, etc. This role is a critical part of creating & maturing the processes & standards that will develop OMGs workforce.
In addition to Oscar Medical Group, youll partner with some of Oscar Healths operational functions such as the Virtual Care Strategy, Pharmacy, Population Health, & other Member Programs.
You will report to the Director of People Strategy .
- Partner closely with central functions (e.g. Talent Acquisition, HR Systems, Legal, Compliance) & Clinical & Operational business leadership to support growth & operations of Oscar Medical Group & Oscar Cares.
- Assist in development, implementation, & standardization of OMGs HR policies & procedures, & ensure consistent application.
- Provide guidance & counseling to OMG managers & employees on issues including, but not limited to, employee performance management & improvement, investigations & resolutions, assistance with progressive discipline process/corrective action determination, compensation, succession planning, career development, etc.
- Manage & assess business-specific HR processes, recommend new approaches to ensure continuous improvement.
- Manage complex, cross-functional initiatives related to HR operations, employee engagement, workforce planning, organizational change, & other HR initiatives.
- Partner with Oscar Health leaders to ensure tight operations of company wide People processes (e.g., merit reviews, performance cycle, talent acquisition).
- Manage OMGs benefits selection & the open enrollment process.
- Manage OMGs PEO system & oversee related processes, including leave administration, payroll, PTO, etc. Maintain the relationship with the PEO vendor.
- Partner with OMG & Virtual Care leadership on organizational design, workforce & strategies, & change management initiatives to scale the organization.
- Manage multiple intra- & inter-functional programs, including stakeholder communications & oversight & management of complex processes.
- Expertise/experience in labor laws & medical/clinical practice environments
- Experience in health care or medical practice setting and/or with clinical workforces
- At least 6+ years of HR experience
- Solid collaboration & communication skills
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.