We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
About the role:
Birchbox is looking for a sharp mind to assist the growing Finance department on all matters of financial planning & analysis for our global business operations. You will have the opportunity to work in our innovative & fast-changing environment where your analyses & insights help our executive team make key decisions. We need someone with integrity, energy, passion & a strong financial background to aide in everything from day-to-day business operations to forecasting & planning to financing. Were a lean team & this role offers a motivated & hardworking individual the opportunity to make a big impact, while learning about all aspects of our business.
You will be expected to...
- Track & report business performance against operating plans for management & other stakeholders in US & globally
- Prepare materials to be shared company-wide on financial performance
- Coordinate with accounting team on month, quarter & year-end close processes to ensure accurate & timely delivery of financial reports
- Streamline processes & improve timeliness & accuracy of financial results & reporting
- Establish & maintain strong business partnerships & cross-functional relationships to provide decision support
- Assist with the annual budgeting, re-forecasting process by providing guidance, support & analytics
are a self-starter who is able to prioritize & manage multiple assignments, take initiative, & work independently
are motivated to work on a lean team & believe that no job is too small
pride yourself on the quality of your work & are a stickler for details
look forward to new challenges & love digging into problems
are at your best working in a fast-paced, team environment under tight deadlines
have exceptional verbal & written communication skills, especially distilling down financial information
...Able to work with large amounts of data & detail without losing sight of the big picture
- BA or BS degree; finance & accounting coursework preferred
- 1 3 years of applicable experience, including investment banking or corporate finance
- Start up experience a plus
- Speaking proficiency in French and/or Spanish a plus
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel with thorough accounting knowledge required to build comprehensive financial models.