Do you enjoy building world-class logistics & supply chain operations? CIC Health is looking for a full-time director to join our team. This is a great opportunity for someone with professional work experience, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, & has an eye for details.
ABOUT CIC HEALTH
CIC Health is one of the fastest growing healthtech startups in New England & is expanding nationally. We provide COVID-19 testing services to organizations such as schools, colleges, companies, elder care facilities, & others, as well as individual customers. For organizations we integrate CLIA-certified laboratories, physician oversight, result reporting, & billing software. For individual customers we simplify the overall testing experience by making it easy to schedule & pay for your test online. No more waiting in lines. Our testing services are accessible, fast & easy.
You can learn more about CIC Health offerings here
CIC Health is a subsidiary of CIC - learn more below.
CIC is a global leader in building & operating innovation communities. Founded in 1999 in Cambridge, MA, CIC is one of the first companies to offer flexible office space & coworking options, providing a platform for the world's most impactful entrepreneurs to innovate better & faster.
We have locations in Boston, Cambridge, Miami, Philadelphia, Providence, Rotterdam, St. Louis, Warsaw, & Tokyo & are growing into other cities, within the US & abroad. CIC has supported over 6,000 startups, growth companies, & branches of larger organizations, representing for-profit, mission-driven, & non-profit sectors across a wide array of industries.
CIC co-founded a number of mission-aligned organizations including Venture Caf, CIC's primary non-profit programming partner, & CIC Health, offering COVID-19 testing services to companies & the public.
We invite you to explore all our openings & learn more about our teams here
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WORK
This position is responsible for the efficient operation of all Logistics, Distribution Centers & Supply Chain at CIC Health. The role is part of the leadership team at CICH Health & leads a small team to deliver the highest service levels across our network of couriers, distribution warehouses, manufacturers, & e-commerce partners.
Creating & maintaining a culture of development & employee engagement, achieving operational metrics that contribute to the company's overall goals & success, & engaging key business partners to ensure excellent customer service.
• As Director, this position will be responsible for all CIC Health & client site-based supply chain functions.
• The team reporting to the Director will be composed of experts in functional supply chain management disciplines.
• The Director must function as a mentor & facilitator of professional development opportunities for the team, so that the team stays optimally aligned with the changing healthcare landscape.
• To be effective in this position, forming strong relationships with public & private partners, CIC & CIC Health leadership & staff will be necessary.
• The director makes significant contributions to supporting cost containment for CIC Health, orchestrating supply management initiatives, & bringing innovation to CIC Health. This includes developing & participating in short-term tactics & long range plans that result in optimal use of supplies, services, inventory & performance within CIC Health & supply chain management operations.
• The director will develop supply chain management strategies & in addressing daily supply chain operations, including process reengineering, utilizations management, supply chain systems coordination, customer service, receiving, inventory management, asset management, & distribution.
• This position will be responsible for managing & adhering to capital & operating budgets.
• Proactively assess, continuously challenge & determine gaps & improvement opportunities in the current logistics setup (e.g. processes, technology/tools, physical infrastructure, vendor partnerships, etc.) & implement improvements
• Use analytics to improve performance & find opportunities to minimize costs while improving service
• Manages Customer Service related to supply & procurement & ensures effective management of the customer interface from a supply chain perspective, incl. communication on supply & sales orders, deliveries & issue resolution
• Manage vendor & 3rd party business partner relationships, ensure the quality of service, align objectives & results & evaluate the success of leveraging these services as part of the overall strategy
• Implement a comprehensive ERP system for financial management, product planning, inventory management & procurement
• Measure service performance by creating & tracking KPIs; provide periodic status reports to the executive leadership team on the overall health of logistics/inventory.
• Creative & resourceful in working with 3rd party vendors to design service networks that can efficiently distribute products to customers.
• Manage to contract on behalf of CICH with couriers/logistics partners & negotiate costs/service level.
• Manage team of Logistics Associates & Logistics Procurement Manager, who will execute logistics & supply chain work
• Effective people manager that can lead, hire & develop a high performing team
• Develop transformation plans to drive proposed changes in transportation, freight optimization, warehousing & distribution, & develop an implementation plan & estimated range & timing of benefits (OPEX / inventory/service delivery)
• Leads the End to End order fulfillment improvement & execution by taking the leadership role with the broader operations team to drive finished goods fulfillment initiatives
• Seek out & evaluate cost-effective solutions to supply chain issues
• Participate in Operations & Customer Success meetings for ongoing improvements, operational & strategic discussions.
• Maintain a positive, can-do attitude & embrace a culture of customer success & operational excellence.
• Support new business initiatives & growth opportunities with innovative solutions
• Travel as needed, 5-10% travel.
Our ideal candidate is a service-minded individual who is reliable, clever, & able to work independently. As CIC Health develops over & against the shifting realities of the pandemic, you will demonstrate poise, flexibility, & acuity to make week-to-week adjustments.
More specifically, as our ideal candidate, you:
• Have strong analytical skills for planning & forecasting.
• Are excellent at relationship building.
• Have a thorough understanding of transportation projections & warehousing.
• Have strong communication & leadership skills.
• 10 + years of experience in logistics management (e.g. distribution center operations, process transformation, etc.)
• 5 + years of experience in healthcare systems, e-commerce, medical devices or life sciences industry, with a deep understanding of regulatory requirements for the industry (e.g. HIPAA, GDPR, ISO etc.)
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• System savvy & experience using relevant tools & technology such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), database management software, Excel, inventory control software, supply chain software, etc.
• Availability & flexibility for weekend work on an as-needed basis is a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management , or 5-10 years of related field is required
• MBA, MPH, Master's in Engineering is preferred.
• Experience with enterprise resource management & demand planning software.
• Experience with continuous quality & process improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma required.
• Experience working with or managing supply chain processes for e-commerce & /or healthcare preferred.
• Experience working in a fast-paced rapidly growing startup a plus
• Experience working with cross-functional teams spread across time zones a plus
As of August 2021, a condition of employment for all new CIC employees in Massachusetts is full COVID-19 vaccination. More details will be shared during the interview process & we can answer questions at that point if you have any.
If you don't meet all the requirements or qualifications but bring other unique skills & experience that would be valuable in this role, please apply & highlight those attributes for us in your cover letter.
• Starting compensation is commensurate with experience.
• 100% company paid premium healthcare & dental benefits.
• 100% company paid long & short-term disability, & life insurance.
• 401k (must be 21+).
• Three weeks of vacation (more with seniority) plus thirteen holidays from the start.
ATTRACTIONS OF THE JOB
In addition to helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are healthy & supported. Some of the benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space
. We pride ourselves on finding driven & bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team, as well as to our inspiring clientele. The number one reason CICers say they like working here is because of their colleagues!
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn & develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community at a growing company.
• Discounted services & memberships on resources to make your life happier/healthier such as gym memberships, tech & design support, hotel stays, & other fantastic options.
• Free weekly COVID-19 testing when required to work on site.
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Any other human expressions & experiences not mentioned here are equally welcome. If you require an accommodation please let us know. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.