Appian is seeking a strategic industry expert in Manufacturing & supply Chain for our rapidly growing business. As a member of the Industry Leads team, you will successfully collaborate across Appian to enable client success with their digital transformation efforts, while contributing to continuous growth in license revenue across both new & existing clients in the area of Manufacturing & Supply chain across Appians other relevant sectors including Broad Markets & Life Sciences.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time with clients, helping to evangelize new applications for our work automation software, providing strategy, & coaching our Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, & Customer Success teams.
The rest of your time will be split among the following activities:
- Supporting & helping Account Executives design programs & build their strategic account plans for penetrating new target accounts plus expanding Appians footprint at existing accounts.
- Delivering thought leadership across a variety of formats to generate prospect interest, & secure market awareness.
- Building & curating Appians internal knowledge base in the Manufacturing & Supply Chain space.
Additional Activities Include:
- Providing market knowledge & guidance to Appian Sales & partner organizations on the target account strategy within the Manufacturing & Supply Chain vertical
- Leading & participating in sales presentations & follow-on education activities at prospects & customers
- Support our marketing strategy by participating in appropriate trade shows, providing insights for industry events, webinars, etc.
Required Skills & Desired Background:
- 10+ years of direct experience in a leadership role at a manufacturing firm with a complete understanding of the major business drivers in the manufacturing & Supply Chain space
- Hands-on experience driving change & new solutions, with an emphasis on improved customer experience, regulatory effectiveness, & operational efficiency
- Understanding recent trends around digital transformation & the role of technology & innovation
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders & Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials in Manufacturing & Supply Chain
- MBA preferred. Bachelors Degree, preferably in manufacturing & supply chain disciplines
- Lean Six Sigma & other process improvement knowhow & training desired
Location & Travel:
- 30% travel is expected to clients across the country & at times internationally
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate & transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting & enhancing legacy applications all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted & unified cloud platform.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.