NYC or Remote/Global
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, & builds its own products? Zype innovates by bringing simplicity & humanity to video content management & distribution.
The Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer role will lead proactive automation & engineering support of the Zype cloud based SaaS across the AWS & GCE clouds. The role is interactive in nature, requiring communication & leadership across teams at Zype.
- >2 years of experience managing high-traffic services on AWS
- >3 years experience in Linux Server Administration & UNIX shell scripting
- >2 years of CI/Deployment Automation Experience
- >2 years in managing MongoDB, PostgreSQL, & Redis
- >1 years of Ruby/Go
- Ability to evaluate system & application logs, error messages, stack traces to quickly identify & solve problems
- Ability to create & maintain up to date documentation including systems, networks, databases, & their interactions
- Ability to coach & lead developers to follow best-practices & leverage automation
- Excellent written English is a must, as well as a desire to write & publish effective documentation
- Experience with implementing container based systems a plus
- Experience with video encoding or video streaming protocols like HLS, DASH, & RTMP a plus
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience in relevant fields
This Cloud Infrastructure Engineer role will lead proactive automation & support of the Zype cloud based SaaS across the AWS & GCE clouds. The role is interactive in nature, requiring communication across teams at Zype, focusing on providing value our software engineering & support teams.
In the first month, the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will onboard into Zype as well as observe key systems. In month 2, the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will make well thought-out recommendations & begin implementation of improvements; from there the engineer will have delivered significant automation improvements including CI/Deployment enhancements by month 3.