Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, & technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, & driving meaningful value & better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - & were expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. Weve raised over $250 million from the best internet & healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, wed love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will work in our pharmacy located in Los Angeles to assist with the packaging & shipment of prescription orders directly to patients. Additionally, you may be responsible for the interpretation & data entry of basic prescriptions, prior authorization processing, & troubleshooting adjudication issues & third party rejections.
- Translate prescriptions filled out by the prescriber & enter information in the patients profile in accordance with state regulations.
- Use multiple computer systems to enter prescriptions, obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received, & produce prescription labels.
- Utilize the best method for product packing & delivery based on standard procedures to include types of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe & secure delivery.
- Quality assurance, prescriber, & patient outreach in case of contraindications, drug interactions, & resolution of third party rejections.
- Prepare manual prescription orders by verifying information, pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory, & complete necessary scanning & packaging as necessary.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have a High School Diploma / GED & have 1+ years of prior experience in counting/packing medications.
- You must be a nationally certified & registered technician with the State of California.
- You are proficient with a computer & Windows PC applications & are able to navigate & learn new & complex computer system applications.
- You possess strong attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, & ability to excel in a team environment.
- You are familiar with general pharmacy terminology (SIG codes, brand & generic names of medications).
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.