Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa isthe best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & thecommon purposethat unites the entire Visa team.As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been & continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers anuncommon opportunityto build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) is an eyes on glass network support team, utilizing a variety of monitoring & troubleshooting tools to provide continuous, 24 X 7, first-level support of all Visa-managed Corporate & Commercial network environments to ensure network integrity & the expedient mitigation of network events or connectivity issues. GNOC is also responsible for proactively identifying potential issues within the infrastructure, & provide both internal & external network support for Visa networks, systems & applications, in addition toresponsibility for the physical engineering & support of Visa facilities & lab environments.
This is an exempt position within a critical services operations environment, that provides first level network support. Staff are considered essential personnel & are required to work weekends & holiday as scheduled. The position consists of a two-week rotating schedule of 12 hour shifts, that may require overtime work as needed to cover staffing shortages or attend training.
As a member of GNOC, in the role of Network Administrator, you will have the primary responsibility for monitoring the Corporate & Commercial Visa network environments & providing first-level support in the isolation & mitigation of issues that may impact our clients, network environments or the Visa brand. You will have the additional responsibility of providing coverage & acting as the delegate during the absence of the GNOC Manager. The Network Administrator, as the Team Lead, must have the ability to work independently--lead, manage & be a point of contact for their team members in addition to acting as a liaison between GNOC & other internal groups. You must possess excellent written & verbal communication capabilities, customer service skills andstrong technical & analytical capabilities in order to effectively manage & engage other personnel.A strongcandidate for this position must also possess a goodmeter for theappropriate escalation to senior & executive management when necessary. .
The preferred candidate will possess all of the following competencies:
- Track, update & resolve all assigned incidents, changes & problem tickets via the Ask Now management system; ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate & meets a standard of high quality
- Proactively monitor, recognize, analyze, isolate and/or resolve documented hardware & software problems utilizing a variety of hardware & software testing tools & techniques
- Properly escalate incidents in a timely manner per support guidelines & procedures
- Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the timely resolution of incidents & problems
- Interpersonal skills in addition to the ability to excel as part of a team
- Able to use sound judgment in determining priorities & enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise to Visa business or client service level agreements
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through its resolution or turnover in order to maintain established service levels
- Support & advocacy for Visa clients that are comprised of consumers, businesses, financial institutions, internal groups & governments worldwide
- Ability to gather pertinent information & work with our clients to isolate & resolve the majority of events without need for assistance
- Ability to develop, edit & distribute effective internal & external communications in a timely & accurate manner, per documented processes
- Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training
- Support project schedules & change management
- Responsible for internal & external communication of issues to management & other internal support groups
- Internal & External Bridge Stewardship in support of the timely resolution of internal & client facing issues
- Required to work 12 hour, flexible shift schedule as detailed in the Job Description
- Basic knowledge of routing / switching, tunneling, security operations/engineering, MPLS
- Ability to quickly learn Visa proprietary as well as industry standard tools to support the monitoring & response for client & Visa brand issues. The primary monitoring tools utilized are NetCool, Solarwinds, Splunk, Thousand Eyes, Netscout, Vantage & Ask Now/Service Now
- Required - Need to already possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL), or ability to obtain certification within 6 months
- Firewall experience
- MS Office suite proficiency
- Education/Professional Credentials
- Preferred - Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.