Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Director, Accounting reporting to the Senior Director, Controller to help build & lead a world class accounting team. As a multi-entity, international company, the Director, Accounting works with multiple banking partners, processing platforms & varying currencies. The Director, Accounting will work closely with the engineering, product, business development, compliance team, financial reporting, & FP&A teams.
What you'll work on:
- Lead & direct the day to day of the Accounting department including but not limited to month-end close, AP, AR/billing, & payroll
- Evaluate & recommend changes to financial & accounting policies, procedures, & systems to streamline & support rapid growth
- Planning, organizing & coordinating the year-end close process with internal & external auditors
- Be a liaison for the Accounting team & work cross-functionally with teams to support the growth of the business
- Identify accounting operations inefficiencies & solutions to current roadblocks leading to close delays
- Implementing an ERP system (Workday, Oracle, etc.) & complementing software (Floqast, Workiva, AuditBoard) that enable the company to scale
- Work with the controller to develop the strategic direction for our accounting & business systems to ensure the proper automation, auditability, & controls on our underlying data & records
- Hire, manage & train a high-performing accounting team on a day-to-day basis
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 8+ years of accounting experience with 2+ at a public company (Active CPA Required)
- Big four experience of 4+ years preferred
- Experience in a startup or high growth payment processor or fintech a plus
- Track record of implementing software & streamlining processes
- Prior experience significantly reducing days to close
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, & creative
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Ability to prioritize workloads & ensure tasks are completed timely
- High integrity & ability to handle confidential information
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Mac OSX & GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.