Handshake is the number one site for college students to find a job. Today, the Handshake community includes 17 million students & young alumni at over 1,000 colleges & universities including 120+ minority-serving institutions. We connect up-and-coming talent across all 50 states with nearly 500,000 employers recruiting on Handshake from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of small businesses, nonprofits, startups, & more. Handshake is democratizing opportunity & ensuring college students have the support they need to find a great job & kick-off a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they choose as a major, & who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds & are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop & retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that youre 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Were looking for an Enterprise Account Executive to join our Employer Sales Team - showcasing Handshake as the premier way for top brands to recruit emerging college talent. You will be responsible for developing & delivering a stable book of business: prospecting, cultivating, & closing new accounts while growing existing customer relationships & helping Handshake hit growth & attainment targets. You will maximize revenue while producing value & brand awareness for hundreds of current & prospective clients across the country.
- Handshake can drive ideal candidates to their businesses
- Develop & cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, SVP, & VP levels
- Interact & collaborate across Handshake, engaging with the University & Student teams to build & grow our multi-sided talent marketplace
- Actively source & provide valuable market research, including industry-specific information & trends for customers & teammates
- Conceive & pitch creative recruiting solutions that match individual business needs
- Command, report & forecast sales activity - from prospecting target accounts & contacts to closing deals & growing existing relationships
- Update & create sales proposals, leading complex relationships with recruiting teams around the country
- Work closely with the Employer, Student, & University Product teams to gather, analyze, & understand customer requirements to develop product enhancements
- Generate scalable revenue & hit target quota on a quarterly & annual basis
- Expand pre-existing & new customer relationships by encouraging adoption & managing annual upsells
- At least 3-5 years of sales experience in Enterprise SaaS sales and/or HR business development, minimum 1 year of Enterprise closing experience
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- A strong history of quota attainment & excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Willing to work out of our office in New York City or remotely on the East Coast, with availability for domestic travel up to 40%
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience preparing sales proposals, forecasting, & account planning
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works - & the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Possess relationships with key HR decision makers at national Fortune 1000 companies & other top brands.
- Ability to successfully drive revenue & growth through the development of long-term strategic relationships with existing customers
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave & flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out & see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, & vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware & software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills & career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...And much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, & are committed to building a diverse & inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer & welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.