By providing high-quality stock photography, music & videos to create beautiful things, our team of skilled engineers builds new features, products & services on a daily basis.
The Infrastructure Architecture teams mission is to empower engineers to be able to design, deploy & manage applications by providing the core underlying cloud infrastructure & services.
Shutterstocks Infrastructure Architecture team is looking for a talented & motivated Cloud Architect to join the team. As a Cloud Architect at Shutterstock, you will be responsible for designing the Cloud based infrastructure & service hosting across multiple sites. Candidates will be expected to mentor other team members as well as present technical solutions to broad audiences including non-technical staff. Both Management & Technical tracks are available to accommodate individual career goals. Here at Shutterstock, we help companies & professionals catch the eyes of millions of users.
- The Technical Architect performs a key strategic role for the public cloud strategy.
- The Architect is responsible for planning & defining the technical network architecture to support the solution in the target data center or public cloud.
- The Architect works closely with the Application Owners & Support teams to ensure that the technical architecture will support key non-functional requirements (NFR) such as performance, availability & resilience.
- The Architect will design an overall view of the components that comprise the solution, including each required environment (e.g. development, test, production).
- 5+ years experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Strong background in designing & building Microservice architectures
- Strong hands-on experience in one or more of Containers & Container Orchestration frameworks: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Strong working knowledge of Kubernetes & Docker technologies
- Certifications (preferable):
- Experience of design/build of DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of working with IaaS/PaaS migrations, automation & provisioning.
- Experience of cloud infrastructure performance & security practices.
- Knowledge of management frameworks such as Ansible, terraform, Salt and/or AWS OpsWorks
- Experience with Service Mesh, Service Discovery, Routing tools & technologies
- Networking, storage & stateful application experience
- Familiarity with helm charts
- Comfortable communicating to executive-level role
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V