SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CIVIL ENGINEER, LAND DEVELOPMENT
As a member of the Construction Projects Team, you will work with a group of elite engineers across multiple disciplines to design, build, & activate infrastructure that will enable SpaceX to achieve its long-term mission. This team is responsible for the delivery of large capital projects to various internal customer groups across the Company. This position is currently based out of the Austin area. Travel may accompany this role, & based on business needs, opportunities to work at other SpaceX facilities may occur in the future.
- Develop & issue drawings, design documentation, & reports for aerospace, industrial, & commercial type land development projects
- Perform all calculations necessary for grading & drainage, stormwater control facilities, water quality, domestic water distribution, & other underground utilities
- Manage the civil aspects of construction projects in the field
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, owners, & clients
- Resolve design & construction conflicts in the field in real time
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience in the civil engineering land development industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- EIT or Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Previous experience with civil design software packages like StormCAD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Civil3D
- Knowledge of processes of governing permitting and/or environmental agencies
- Understanding of other disciplines such as electrical, piping, geotechnical, electrical & surveying
- Experience with project management of major construction projects including estimating, cost control, schedule, & contractor management
- Working conditions may be in tight quarters & physical dexterity is required
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 25 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to respond to emergencies to support priority projects, missions, & launches
- Available to work extended hours & weekends as needed based on site operational needs; flexibility is required
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor environments when needed heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, & noise
- Must be able to travel to other SpaceX sites as needed (up to 25%)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.