Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want project managers who are passionate about driving project execution with simplicity, agility, & strong cross-functional partnership to achieve business outcomes.
As the Senior Digital Program Manager, you will report to the Director of Business Operations & partner closely with the Digital Experience team to drive creative project delivery for the Digital Marketing team. Youll also conduct agile ceremonies for the Digital Marketing developers & designers. This individual will be an exceptional cross functional leader with Marketing & Engineering experience who will design & implement successful creative projects that align business objectives & deliver rapid results.
We are seeking a candidate who thrives in a fast paced environment, is comfortable wearing many hats, who can drive efficiency across the organization by being a cross functional business liaison for the Digital Marketing team. In this role, you will partner with many functions in the company so clear, consistent & concise communication are going to be table stakes for success. You will also be a proactive collaborator at all times while driving consensus where needed & influencing decisions when teams are stuck.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Drive end-to-end project management for the Digital Marketing team including planning, prioritizing, executing, & measuring project success
- Ensure program requirements, timelines, purposes, objectives & expectations are communicated & flowed down to the internal team
- Communicate program or feature status to senior leadership with easy-to-read progress reports, requirements documentation, & related presentations
- Drive website launches by leveraging automation & process integration
- Aid in resolving conflicts, demands, & priorities on assigned programs
- Identify areas for process efficiency & improvement in Digital Marketing project execution & launches
- Proactively manage changes in project scope. Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans forward, escalation, & increased resources. Recognize risk & form mitigation plans as required.
- Create & facilitate Digital Marketing developer & designer best practices for weekly, monthly, quarterly & yearly ceremonies including but not limited to: Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Standups, Demos, Retrospectives, Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly Planning.
- Be a cross functional business partner to groups outside of Digital Marketing. Act as a liaison & first point of contact with any incoming requests
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven track record for delivering cross-functional projects in a business setting on time & within budget in a fasted paced environment including assembly of project plans, leading the resolution of blocking issues, & with proper change management controls
- Experience working in an agile-based environment & with the Atlassian suite (Jira & Confluence), PMP or Scrum Certification preferred
- The ability to distill complex initiatives into structured frameworks & concrete action plans
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to both make quick decisions individually & facilitate sessions where we debate, decide, & commit to a decision together as a group
- A meticulously process & detail oriented mindset, yet able to lift out & prioritize & comfortable with ambiguity & change
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent with authentic interpersonal interactions
- Ability to influence & work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Experience at high-growth cloud computing or developer services companies preferred
- Orientation to look for areas of agreement & has a down to earth approach through conflict management with an ability to hear unvoiced concerns
- Self-starter - highly self-motivated & entrepreneurial, & celebrates every win
Why Youll Like Working Here:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.