At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 7 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the expanding online recipe kit delivery market. So, how did we do it? Our weekly recipe boxes full of exciting recipes & lovingly sourced, fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged, energized home cooks that expands across the globe. We are the dominant world leader in the meal-kit market & have grown to operate in 12 different countries across 3 continents. If you would like to join an energetic & highly motivated team & work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can really have an impact & make a difference every single day then join us & become part of developing a global fresh food champion.
About the role:
At 3 years, HelloFresh Canada is a young organisation but we are growing up fast. With a mission to disrupt the food industry, we now have over 200 people across our 4 main locations (Toronto HQ + Distribution Centres in ON, BC & AB), & we are seeking out our future People Director to help us progress through the next stage of our development & ensure that we become a leading employer across Canada.
It is just under a year since we acquired our previous competitor Chefs Plate, & now that the PMI stage of our growth is behind us, we need a strong, highly empathetic leader to join our Senior Leadership Team & guide us to long-term stability & success as our high growth continues.
What youll do:
- Reporting directly into our CEO & Founder Ian, you will be a key strategic partner & coach for all 6 members of our Senior Leadership Team, based in our downtown Toronto HQ
- Manage a smart, capable & eager People Team of 7 (5 direct reports), inspiring them to create a world-class employee experience across the organisation & to grow in their own careers.
- Lead your team on the full range of HR areas including employee relations, talent management, performance management, compensation, recruiting, & talent development.
- Identify & prioritise what needs to be built to set our people up for long-term success.
- Partner with our VPs on upcoming big, strategic changes ensuring that their people are skilled, equipped, motivated & organised to achieve whats needed to dominate the Canadian recipe box market.
- Be a champion of the HelloFresh DNA, living our values in all that you do.
- Drive key Talent initiatives, ensuring that we move the needle on key People metrics such as Time To Hire, E-NPS & Turnover.
Who you are:
- Experience of working within and scaling a fast-growth business as a senior (Head of, VP, Director) People generalist role.
- A proven ability to create clarity & process where others see ambiguity.
- You believe in the Attract-Grow-Retain talent strategy & have experience of driving a team to help you achieve it.
- You have experience managing both People Ops & Talent Acquisition teams.
- You are a highly adaptable, empathetic individual who enjoys working in a fast-moving, uncertain environment.
- You lead by example with your own team, who admire & respect you.
- Youre happy to look outside of HR best practice & to take a fresh & truly progressive approach to HR & leadership to drive high performing teams.
- You have a demonstrated ability to consult, influence, & partner with senior leaders in developing & executing people strategies to drive business performance for a range of business units, & ideally across start up + blue collar workforces.
- You love food & want to be a key part of our mission to change the way people eat!
Why youll love this job:
- Youll have the chance to push your ideas from inception to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Were a scaling up startup within a global scale-up. Were nimble but we have the institutional knowledge & the global resources to make HelloFresh a sure-fire Canadian success.
- Awesome environment at our downtown Toronto office! We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously.
- You'll have the chance to put your stamp on a crazy-high-growth company & make a difference in the way Canadians eat, from coast to coast.
- Employee discounts on your weekly HelloFresh box!
Think that you should be our next People Director? Click apply and be prepared to convince us why!