As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for Software Engineers who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally & drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective & distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions & provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts & infrastructure architects.
- Design, implement & evolve highly scalable & fault-tolerant distributed components using functional programming paradigm
- Design & implement APIs, abstractions & integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Understand & own component security analysis, including code & data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement & verify secure coding techniques
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time & remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Develop test automation tools & framework for validating highly available, fault tolerant, scalable, low latency, distributed payments transaction processing systems
- Collaborate with the multiple teams across Development, Operation & Infrastructure, Product to analyze, debug & resolve design & code issues. Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools
- Ensuring proper documentation & internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices & lessons learned
- Support in triaging & troubleshooting of highly distributed services in production environment
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like GoLang (preferred), Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing & high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, & code release
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage & networking protocols
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
Work HoursThis position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel RequirementsThis position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10 % of the time.
Mental/Physical RequirementsThis position will be performed in an office set10ting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO StatementVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law