JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a hands-on role requiring a thorough study & understanding of existing designs, in order to apply innovative engineering principles towards re-design & optimization. Additionally, the position works with new product development teams to support high-value engineering activities. The person in this role should be a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers & management alike in a high-paced global environment. We are looking for someone who is flexible & can respond quickly, energetically, & enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills & experience are essential. The Senior Firmware Engineer will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus reliability, manufacturing, component engineering, & other resources inside & outside Juul Labs. We are looking for a highly motivated & talented individual who will be responsible for re-designing & optimizing high-quality embedded code that will bring these hardware products to the next level.
- Maintaining communication within the development team
- Maintaining project schedules
- Cross-functional organization, communication, & management
- Creating meetings & documenting action items & progress
- Travel to support manufacturing builds
- Reporting & presenting to senior management on project status & schedules
- Create, modify, & update code for new & existing products.
- Provide test fixture support for manufacturing, QA, & contract manufacturers.
- Troubleshoot product failures on PCBs, power supplies, & electromechanical assemblies.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Firmware optimization experience in one or more of the following areas: product design, new product release, test engineering, manufacturing support.
- Previous experience with medical devices or other regulated products is desirable.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills & grow.
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers & low power devices.
- Firmware design & troubleshooting.
- Ability to multi-task or focus on detailed problems, & tenacity to drive issues until resolved.
- Software Experience - C is a must; Python is a plus
- Other requirements or beneficial knowledge:
- BLE (beneficial)
- Real-time Operating System (RTOS) (beneficial)
- Understanding of serial communication protocols I2C, SPI, UART (required)
- Working with EE to bring up a PCB (required)
- Experience with sensors or other ICs communicating over SPI and/or I2C
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field. Associates degree with significant experience will be considered. Masters degree is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles