Cloud Governance Manager/Director
The Cloud Governance Manager/Director is responsible for the planning & implementation of Cloud strategies for services within our various Cloud environments including guidance on deployment best practices, governance & cost-management policies. This also includes coordinating the design & implementation of software & tools to support those best practices.
The ideal candidate is an independent leader with strong technical skills & great collaboration skills needed for rolling out changes & governance policies across engineering & operations teams for Cloud implementations, with emphasis on AWS Cloud offerings. This person will work closely with our finance, engineering & Techops groups to optimize & report our on our AWS spend.
- Define & maintain Cloud strategy around services architecture, tagging standards & governance, & tools & services to create efficient Cloud operations
- Work with engineering, operations & devops teams to design & deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, reliable, & cost effective solutions on Amazon Web Services
- Manage data & cost goals on AWS spend & create executive reporting cadence which keeps our leadership & executive informed on progress on AWS cost goals
- Manage, & maintain tools to automate operational processes, backups, ensuring AWS service offerings provide highly available services
- Work with Governance & Security teams to implement Cloud service best practices
- Manage, & maintain a suite of tools to automate operational processes & govern AWS resources
- Continually research & roll out new features for engineering teams to use allowing for efficient & scalable architectures for their AWS services
- Central point of contact for questions related to AWS services, best practices & governance
- Give guidance & recommendation on AWS Reserved Instance best practices & purchases working with our technical & finance teams
- This person must be familiar with standard concepts around tagging standards, rightsizing best practices, infrastructure-as-code practices, & elastic architecture designs.
- Candidate must have 10+ years experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services; Good knowledge of most widely used AWS services offered
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Cloud metrics & cost tool experience required
- Strong experience with multiple AWS services beyond traditional IaaS
- AWS services experience required primarily from a governance perspective
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject