Genius is looking for a Head of Design to lead design at Geniusincluding brand & sales marketing, & video, editorial, social, & experiential content across platforms. We want a creative & strategic thinker to set a vision for how design can position Genius as a leader in music & media.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Frank Ocean, Lorde, & Cardi Bcome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, & follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, & Youtube.
- Develop, oversee, & execute Design strategy at Genius
- Lead & manage a team of 4+ creatives to build best-in-class products in a fast-paced & demanding, sales-driven revenue organization
- Manage ideation, execution & delivery of Design needs for sales, marketing, content, & product teams, ensuring quality & alignment with Genius mission & internal & client objectives
- Collaborate with senior leadership across departments to build & improve project management systems & communication among teams
- Collaborate with Director of Content & Chief Content Officer on overall Design strategy & execution
- 8+ years experience in design, creative direction, events, marketing & branded content
- 3+ years management experience managing both projects & people
- Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, AE & Sketch
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience working with clients & brands & leading creative teams to create successful & culturally relevant content
- Excellent communication & mentoring skills
- Strong grasp of brand & content strategy
- An eagerness to collaborate across disciplines with team members at all levels
- Deep knowledge & interest in music, digital media, social media & technology
- Experience in media or at a tech start-up is a plus