Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about educating & nurturing customers on a massive scale
We are looking for a talented self-starter to help shape our email campaigns & lifecycle marketing efforts to over a million customers. You will be on the front lines of communicating with the global developer community, by educating, equipping, & empowering them to try, test & build great software on DigitalOcean. This includes executing our open source newsletter (Infrastructure as a Newsletter), product broadcasts, various campaigns & surveys. As well as supporting our best-in-class trigger-based lifecycle nurturing programs.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Tactical execution of weekly & monthly email newsletters, surveys & miscellaneous communications to our customer base.
- Work closely with the Marketing Automation team to develop & execute an email lifecycle strategy
- Assist in day-to-day reporting & optimization of customer communications
- Work with marketing & data team to make data-driven customization to communications
- Partner with Creative team to test various email templates, images & copy.
- Advance our dynamic / personalization efforts to improve cross-sell & upsell opportunities.
What Well Expect From You:
- Hands-on experience with producing & deploying emails with one more or more marketing automation / email marketing tools: Marketo (preferred), Pardot, Customer.io, Eloqua, etc
- Solid understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM, list management, deliverability, & segmentation strategies
- Ability to autonomously make changes to email & landing page HTML/CSS
- Self starter who is highly detail & process oriented, capable of building & managing multiple campaigns & the ability to prioritize work to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMif statements, etc.) & ability to use data to optimize.
- Bonus: Previous experience at a large-scale, bottoms-up SaaS business
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people.We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development.We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you.We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity.We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!