The Vimeo player is built to showcase the amazing content that our world-wide community of creators is making everyday & the Player Tools team is responsible for allowing content creators & businesses to configure their video viewing experiences in the most immersive & captivating manner possible. If youre passionate around the latest video & web technologies, have a strong eye for product design, & are a creative thinker who can inform engineering best practices, consider joining our team. If you're dying to help build one of the most utilized video playback applications on the web, we're dying to hear from you.
What youll do:
- Be part of a world class group of engineers who build Vimeos video playback features & tooling
- Work closely with Product management to develop & improve the Vimeo creator & viewer experience across any & all devices
- Build & improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance & scalability
- Evaluate & test new player customizations & interactivity features
- Build SDKS to support player interactivity & customizations for use in both on & off site playback experiences
- Optimize the data pipeline between creator tools & player
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with large scale web application development
- Experience working on the server side (PHP, Python, Java, Go, NodeJs, etc.)
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- Passion around continuous education, research, & development around the latest video & web technologies
- A strong eye for product design & interactivity, & unwavering attention to detail
- Top notch communication skills (written & verbal)
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- A proven history of making data driven decisions
- Experience developing solutions using technology like RPC, gRPC, JSON-RPC, Protobuf, Kafka
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs