Nextdoor is the neighborhood hub for trusted connections & the exchange of helpful information, goods, & services.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia & Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, machine learning is starting to transform our product through personalization, driving major impact across different parts of our platform including our newsfeed, our notifications, & our ads relevance. Our machine learning team is lean but hungry to drive even more impact & make Nextdoor the neighborhood hub for local exchange. We are scrappy & believe that ML will be an integral part of making Nextdoor valuable to our members. We also believe that ML should be ethical & encourage healthy habits & interaction, not addictive behavior. We are looking for great engineers who believe in the power of local community to empower our members to make their communities great places to live.
The Impact Youll Make
You will be part of a scrappy & impactful team building data-intensive products, working with data & features, building machine learning models, & sharing insights around data & experiments. Some of the current products / projects you could work on include the newsfeed, ad relevance, search, notifications, trust & safety, & neighborhood vitality. You will build critical decision-making models for the product, enhancing the relevance & value of our products. Finally, you will help build the foundational patterns that ML engineers will use for years to come as we ramp up our effort to introduce machine learning into our platform.
- Collect & gather datasets to build machine learning (ML) models that make real-time decisions for the Nextdoor platform
- Analyze datasets & and use important features to build low-latency models for decisions that need to be made quickly
- Deploy ML models into production environments & integrate them into the product
- Run & analyze live user-facing experiments to iterate on model quality by measuring impact on business metrics
- Collaborate with other engineers & data scientists to create optimal experiences on the platform
What Youll Bring to The House
- B.S. in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Computational Biology or a related field
- 5+ years of industry/academic experience applying machine learning at scale.
- Proven engineering skills. Experience writing & maintaining high-quality production code. Python experience a plus.
- Ability to work with & analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic startup environment.
- Experience building ML products at large consumer-facing companies
- Experience building ML products related to ads relevance or newsfeed products