WorldRemit -if the media's to be believed, we're the FinTech start-up taking the world by storm - scooping-up awards & more than $140m in funding. Ok... all that is true. But we're so much more. WorldRemit is changing the way people send money to family & friends. We're leading an online revolution & laying to rest old-fashioned money transfers.
The WorldRemit Office in Krakw is currently growing & we are looking for a Cloud Operations Engineers to join our CloudOps Team & help us operate, monitor & troubleshoot our cloud infrastructure.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a bright, fresh minded individual to bring a wealth of enthusiasm & different ideas to the table.
You will be someone who likes to:
- constantly evolve techniques through learning
- take initiative when you see an opportunity for improvement
- ask questions & use experience of those around you
- share your knowledge with the rest of the team
- write infrastructure as code in fast & elegant way
- perform infrastructure tests
You will have high bar for quality, maintainability, scalability, performance, efficiency, security & all the other things that make great solutions great.
Youll help the team to:
- Evolve, improve & replace our existing cloud systems
- Creating creative cloud solutions
- Developing monitoring strategies for infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues with cooperation with DevOps/Engineering teams
Some things about you:
- Understanding of Linux/Windows systems & network administration
- Experience in cloud infrastructure & platform services such as AWS or Azure
- Experience in configuration management & infrastructure automation systems like Terraform & Ansible
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker orchestration environments
- Experience with application performance monitoring systems like Dynatrace/AppDynamics
- Experience with logging systems like Splunk
- Experience with incident management systems like PagerDuty
- Experience with integration solutions like Zapier
- Experience in writing code in Python
- Experience with scripting languages like Bash/PowerShell
- Experience in, or happy to learn, other stacks
- Ability to work in 24/7 organised team
Who we are:
Were changing the way people send money abroad. Were taking something complicated & making it simple. Our people & our technology work together to create faster, easier & lower cost money transfers. We send to more than 145 countries around the world & have over 3 million happy customers a number thats growing every day. After all, 120,000 5 reviews cant be wrong!
We believe in helping our customers hard work go further. Weve helped millions of children to go to school, helped thousands of people to receive medical treatment and, every week, we help tens of thousands of people to pay their bills. But most importantly, we do it all with the creativity, imagination & colourful spirit of our customers.
The work were doing is making a splash in the fintech industry too. Accel Partners & Technology Crossover Ventures have invested $140 million in us & as early backers of the likes of Facebook, Spotify & Netflix, we know were in good company! Not only that, but were also a member of TechCity UKs prestigious FutureFifty.
Changing the world isnt easy, but were hoping to find the right people to join us on our way. If you think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems & have the drive to make things happen, you might just be what were looking for.