Partner Solutions Architect at Databricks are in charge of leading the adoption of Apache Spark & Databricks. They engage with the developer community to train them & evangelize Spark, meet with customers to suggest solutions that they can build with the technology, & see customers through implementing & troubleshooting production systems. Every solution architect is expected to become an Apache Spark expert & to be excellent at interacting with Spark & Databricks users.
At Databricks we work on some of the most complex distributed processing systems & our customers challenge us with interesting new big-data processing requirements. As the complexity grows for both us & our customers, we are looking to our solution architects to fully understand the architecture that powers our product & how it can be implemented. Our solutions architects not only work with technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop & Kafka but they also recommend product features & contribute to open source community. Our solutions architect position is a pre-sales & post-sales position where you will work with customers to identify use cases for Databricks, & see them through using the product. Our customers are highly technical, so you must be too.
- Provide technical leadership in a pre-sales & post-sales capacity for customers to support successful understanding, evaluation & adoption of Databricks
- Consult on architecture & design, bootstrap, and/or implement strategic customer projects
- Build references architectures, how-tos, & demo applications for customers
- Provide escalated level of support for critical customer operational issues
- Architect, implement, and/or validate integrations with 3rd party applications
- Evangelize Spark & Databricks across developer community through meetups & conferences
- Become an Apache Spark expert
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent presentation & whiteboarding skills
- 3-5 years in customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture or consulting role
- Ability to design & architect distributed data systems
- Have experience writing code in either Python, Scala or Java
- Ability to synthesize guidance via technical content- blogs, whitepapers, patterns etc
- Experience with Big Data Technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, & Storm
- [Desired] Experience working with open source and/or AWS/Azure/cloud
Databricks mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering & Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering & lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL & interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, & secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity & total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA & Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, & HP. For more information, visitwww.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark & Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.