The Quality Technician is responsible for maintaining quality control testing procedures, practices & standard evaluation methods that will ensure product quality & integrity. They utilize laboratory instruments & equipment to help analyze, control & minimize product variations. They also perform physical, chemical & microbiological testing at different levels of the process to ensure a safe & quality product.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform hourly sampling of finished goods
- Calibration/Verification & troubleshooting of X-ray systems
- Perform Production Start-up & change over verifications
- Perform continuous line inspections ensuring product quality
- Perform weight checks for finished goods
- Perform analytical testing on in-process & finished goods
- Ensure finished goods meet manufacturing specifications
- Perform daily environmental monitoring testing
- Perform general housekeeping duties within the quality labs
- Inspect production equipment post CIP
- Prepare Media, buffer, & autoclave operation
- Complete data entry, as required
- Perform & document shelf life studies
- Perform & report nightly milk inventory
- Enforce & document all GMP regulations & deficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Follow Chobani safety procedures
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- Associate’s degree preferred, or equivalent manufacturing experience
- 3-12 months in a production environment
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.