Android Developer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save & invest every day. We are transforming the category & recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking a talented Android Developer that is passionate about Android & Java & thrives on solving complex engineering problems with simple, elegant solutions.
Acorns provides an outstanding opportunity to take an active role in shaping an award-winning product working with our talented team of engineers, designers & investment industry experts who are obsessed with introducing investing to millions of people around the world through our revolutionary new investment platform.
- Design & build advanced applications for consumer facing applications operating on the Android platform
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, & general reliability
- Implement new features & optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Continuously discover, evaluate, & implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 1-3 years experience developing native Android applications
- Have at least one app published in the Google Play Store
- Knowledge of the Android SDK performance tools & optimization techniques.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Go, Scala
- Experience working as part of an agile software development team including interaction with a source code repository (GitHub or SVN)
- Continuous integration considered a plus
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive & precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you & your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Corporate gym access
- Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, & an endless supply of snacks
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented & motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission & our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases & automatically Invest the Change into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard & BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father & son team Walter & Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence & courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
1. Lead with heart
2. Make bold decisions
3. Always build trust
4. Never stop growing
5. Find a way