Finance & Payroll at Policygenius...
Are you passionate about accuracy with strong attention to detail & love of numbers? Do you enjoy being a trusted & knowledgeable resource for colleagues? Were looking for a meticulous, compliant, & dependable Payroll Manager to join the Policygenius Finance team!
In the first role of its kind, the Payroll Manager will be responsible for owning the timely, accurate & efficient delivery of payroll services. Youll act as a resource for all employees by clearly addressing a variety of questions as they relate to transactions impacting payroll. Reporting into the VP of Finance, youll have the exciting opportunity to build out your own team to help meet our evolving needs as we continue to scale!
In this role, you will
- Work closely with the Finance & People teams on initiatives to streamline & organize our payroll function
- Build out analytical reporting for various functions of the business to help them manage their daily operations
- Oversee the day to day company-wide payroll operations, coordinate with vendors, & deliver pay accurately, timely, effectively, & within all regulatory, labor & tax guidelines
- Assist with any internal & external audits & examinations
- Maintain strong relationships with employees across a variety of departments including People, Operations, & other internal functions while consistently delivering high-quality service
- Partner with Finance team members to help analyze & explain P&L & Balance sheet variances
Wed love to hear from you if
- You have 5+ years finance experience within a complex organization; Bachelors degree preferred
- You have functional Payroll knowledge including a superior understanding of withholding tax, related tax filings, tax policy & employment regulations
- Ability to analyze & interpret payroll data & an understanding of multi-jurisdiction, stock transactions and/or deferrals
- You have experience with a non-exempt workforce
- You are excited to own a business-critical function & transform it as we continue to add complexity to our business (e.g. our new Durham office!)
- You have a basic understanding of accounting principles & the impact of payroll activity on financial statements.
- You have outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- You have a client service mentality & the ability to work collaboratively while developing strong relationships with the team, internal stakeholders, & vendors
- You have the ability to juggle numerous priorities & the desire to work in a dynamic & growing environment
- You have experience using UltiPro or a similar payroll system
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, & buy insurance, all in one place. Our CEO & co-founder, Jennifer Fitzgerald, is one of only four women in the US fintech space to raise over $50 million in venture capital funding, & weve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance, placing over $35 billion in coverage to date.
At Policygenius, were proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (weve doubled in size year over year!), weve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, & humor, & we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, & creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why weve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated & is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives & opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, & excellence across all parts of our company, & are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!