Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Development Directoris responsible for growing the business with one of Visa's largest & most complex clients. This position is responsible for increasing strategic value to the client, growing client & Visa revenue, & strengthening executive relationships through identifying & implementing strategic growth opportunities. The position will be part of a cross-functional team of internal partners & geographic responsibility with the AP business & will work closely with country teams & the client's regional team to create value for both organizations.
- Responsible for the growth, profitability, performance & operation of the payments business for one of Visa's largest & most complex Financial Institution clients
- Develop client opportunities, manage pipelines & work with relevant stake holders to deliver high impact projects that will drive both PV & Net revenue.
- Understand client pain points, key priorities, P&L & apply the right resource/services to support growth.
- Work closely with Country teams to ensure the Clients' payment vision & strategy on Visa products in aligned in country & with regional & global alignment.
- Lead & coordinate efforts across within SEA to drive results; develop relationships with client regional team to support account initiatives
- Ensure country level support on the Account within the region is aligned with regional & global account strategies.
- Expand & complement cross functional team's skills in sales, product development, project management, business development, marketing & operations.
- Manage & maximize the return on all resources applied to the client including sales, product, marketing, technology & operations.
- Develop, cultivate & maintain close relationships with country teams, finance, & functional partners such as marketing & product to launching new products/services or expanding penetration of existing products/services into the client. He/she must work as part of a cohesive regional team to ensure the company's products/services are solutions that bring value to & are embraced by the client.
- Analyze & carefully monitor on an ongoing basis market trends, activities & competitor actions to enable the account team to develop & implement pre-emptive strategies & plans for the client
- Partner & collaborate within matrixed regional & global team as a cohesive entity to pursue a range of business opportunities within AP.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business Management with at least 12 years of relevant experience in similar capacity, sales & relationship management with strong account management & project management
- Background in business consulting, financial services, product management or Fintech sector is desired
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing & closing a complex, competitive sales effort
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies & operational decisions
- Strong management skills within a complex, matrix management organization
- Proven ability to run, grow & protect the franchise collaboratively across functions & client accounts
- Experience in client-facing roles with multiple key clients & stakeholders, ideally including financial institutions (banks), large retailers, multinationals, governments, local partners, etc.
- Innovative & agile with ability to adapt to market needs & changing environment
- Possess high learning agility. Ability to navigate ambiguity & drive positive outcomes
- Ability to operate effectively & efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the payments systems & industry trends, regulatory environment & payment products
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to deal with complex & potentially contentious issues & manage senior internal & external stakeholders
- Results-oriented & team player who has the ability to collaborate across multiple functions & stakeholders to drive effective outputs
- Client-focused mindset, & has the ability to link the dots to drive a win-win client & Visa agenda
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal & external resources & cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements & to enhance existing & develop new business partnerships
- Good project management skills
- Excellent MS Office working knowledge
- Cultural sensitivity & global mindset