About the Company:
Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razor blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. We launched Flamingo recently, entering the womens body care space, & have expanded into other areas. Were now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country.
About the Team:
The demand planning team at Harrys is responsible for consumer product forecasting globally & is part of the Global Supply Chain organization. This team plays a critical role in ensuring efficient operational performance & in enabling senior management to make business-optimizing decisions through the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
About the Role:
We are looking for a high-performing analytical, collaborative & visionary leader to manage our demand planning team. This position will be responsible for evolving our demand planning process as well as taking responsibility for forecasting a portion of our business. They will work in close collaboration with the broader supply chain, finance, sales, marketing & IT teams & have frequent interaction with key business stakeholders globally. This is also an opportunity that affords significant exposure to & impact on senior-level operations, finance & strategy for a high-growth consumer brand. The role is based in our New York City office, but requires occasional travel to retail partners & close partnership with Harrys operations in Germany & the UK.
Provide a change management & leadership role for the demand planning function.
- Promote a vision for the function that drives both SKU-level & account revenue forecasting accuracy. Work closely with supply planning to optimize service & inventory metrics.
- Simplify current Excel based forecasting models & work on a transition to a new demand planning system solution.
- Leverage new methodologies such as ABC stratification of SKUs, statistical forecasting, management by exception & forecastability analysis to drive improvements in the efficiency & effectiveness of the function.
- Manage forecasting accuracy & other KPI scorecards to drive results.
- Lead the SDAP (strategic deployment action plan) & master plan (tactical work flow) to achieve these objectives working closely with other supply chain functions, IT & commercial leads.
- Be a strong coach & mentor to the team & help prioritize work flow to meet core objectives.
Manage the monthly Harrys demand planning process globally..
- Work to align cross-functional teams on the inputs, outputs, KPIs & accountabilities needed to run the demand review process & the executive report out to drive results.
- Collaborate with FP&A, sourcing, production & distribution teams to determine the downstream implications of published demand forecasts
- Develop root cause analysis & countermeasures for forecasting accuracy issues by SKU, category, channel & customer.
- Report key assumptions, building blocks & forecast methodology to the Executive team along with insights & recommendations.
Work cross-functionally with different levels of the organization in UK, New York & Germany:
- Work closely with the FP&A team on annual budgeting & quarterly reforecasting processes to provide visibility on revenue, volume & growth drivers.
- Work with the FP&A, Strategy & Operations teams on new account launches & other growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Product & R&D teams to develop forecasts for new product launches
- Have significant exposure to the Harrys senior leadership team & act as a thought partner on special projects & key business decisions
- Work with the consumer insights & analytics teams to improve forecasting methodology & data inputs.
This should describe you:
- Bachelors degree with a record of high academic achievement. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 7-15 years of experience in demand planning or related function
- Experience with change management & project management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint required.
- Experience using demand planning & ERP software
- Ability to manipulate data & insights to make recommendations
- Detail-oriented & willingness to act as a player/coach.
- Excellent ability to collaborate & communicate with multiple stakeholders to drive cross-functional consensus & results in the day-to-day business
- Strong work ethic; ability to independently own & drive projects
- Motivated to learn; asks insightful questions & fully embraces working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Strong leader with high EQ & ability to develop key partnerships across the organization.
- Sense of humor
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protectivehairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.