Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of lifes most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
Youre excited by working on problems at the heart of the home buying & selling experience one thats slow & in desperate need of disruption. Building long-lasting & high-quality client relationships are integral to your day-to-day work. Youre a reliable operator with an analytical mindset, eager to roll up your sleeves & drive innovation in the industry.
What Youll Do Here
You will be heavily involved in the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced, high volume, residential escrow & title insurance agency. Your efforts will directly impact the success of our Texas transactions & branch as a whole.
- Manage the day-to-day tasks surrounding compliance & licensing arrangements including applications, renewals, negotiation & resolution
- Manage the implementation of compliance initiatives within the Title & Escrow operation, including internal audit procedures, & provide support to fulfilling all state & federal regulatory requirements
- Manage contractual agreements with active vendors & joint venture partners & review & negotiate terms with potential vendors & partners
- Act as internal expert on title, settlement & closing service compliance
- 3 plus years of experience
- Experience Analyzing key risk areas & provide process solutions to assure compliance
- Able to Identify areas of concern & prepare targeted training for those items
- Keen ability to motivate & manage team of compliance professionals
- Developed a pre-audit strategies to eliminate any possible findings
- Communicated with regulators, auditors, CPAs & other professionals in a manner that demonstrates mastery of the subject & of the operations
- Prior experience researching federal, state & local ordinances, regulations, client requirements, licensing requirements, state & federal regulatory requirements associated with the operation of the Company's national title & settlement operations
- Developed & expanded supporting resources on RESPA, Graham Leach Bliley, & active state requirements, licensing & agency regulations applicable to the business
- Validated & maintained existing databases that include all applicable federal, state, county regulations applicable to the operations of a national title & settlement provider
- Provided insightful new ways of achieving compliance with minimal burden on employees
- Monitored operational procedures to ensure proper usage of the regulatory database, as well as adherence to the requirements documented within the database