Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As aResearch Engineer, you will discover, lead & manage a variety of research projects in the Visa researchgroup. In this role, you will drive innovations by introducing technologies, methods, & solutions to deliver innovative products.
You will driveinnovation from ideation to implementation. The innovation will build on the foundation distributed computing, blockchain, cloud computing, mobile, IoT, security, cryptograph, big data & artificial intelligence, & will research & build seamless, fast, reliable & secure payment solutions.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, senior executives, research scientists, software engineers & architects, as well as external parties like technology vendors, wallet providers, merchants, issuers & senior product regional managers. You will discover opportunities, propose research opportunities, create research plan, execute & implement the ideas. During the course, you will publish influential research papers & patents.
You will be integral part of Visa Research team. You will have the opportunity & the responsibility to build the long-term vision for the payment industry & influence the direction of the research & development across Visa.
- Master's Degree with Thesis or PhD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other technology field
- Very strong interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills & the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence & develop relationships with key partners
- Strong research experiences & capable of organizing a complex research project from inception to implementation
- Strong understanding of algorithms & data structures
- Proficient in Linux operating systems, familiar with kernel architecture & driver configuration
- Extensive programming experience in at least one or more in C, C++, Java, Python, Scala & Go
- Expert & proficiency in one of these areas: distributed computing, cloud computing, mobile computing, network of things, security, cryptograph, big data, & artificial intelligence
- Relevant course works in the domain of expertise
- Results orientation with ability to plan the work & work in a team
- Fast learner in new technologies
- Experience in multidisciplinary research & development is a plus
- Experience in high performance computing (SSE/Vector instructions, parallel computing, memory & cache access, FPGA & GPU) is a plus
- Experience in headless devices & their communication over the wired & wireless networks is a plus
- Experience in research & development applications using large scale of network of things is a plus
- Experience in large scale or distributed data mining & machine learning systems is a plus
- Experience in research & development of large scale distributed & hybrid systems is a plus
- Experience in research & development of cryptographic algorithms is a plus
- Experience in research & development of security models, secure system development & architecture is a plus
- Publications or presentation in recognized computing journals/conferences is a plus
- Payments industry experienceis a plus
- Formulate business problems as research opportunity while ensuring key business drivers are captured in collaboration with stakeholders
- Create a concrete research proposal including problem statement, benefit of the research & plan of work for the fast iterations
- Work with senior executives, scientists & architects to formalize a committee to oversee the proposed research
- Implement the solution with prototype & early product by collaborating with other scientists & engineers
- Work & partner with product delivery teams to fully implement the proof of concept & early product in Visa services & products
- Document the milestone of research by delivering research reports
- Present & demo the research to a committee on the regular basis
- Work with IP team to identify patentable ideas in the research, as well as publication opportunities
- Champaign the innovation across the organizations & industries as an expert in the subject, either by providing consulting or by contributing to technology talks & presentations
- Continue to learn the new payment technologies in Visa & across industries
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.