Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Manager of Solutions Engineering to be a leader in delivering key wins within the Enterprise segment. You will take a hands on approach to coaching & helping your team run with new opportunities. This role will work closely with all levels of the Sales leadership team to shape how our Account Executive teams execute. This position is critical to ensuring the continued success of our sales team.
Twilio is looking for a Manager of Solutions Engineering who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of customer-facing technical leadership.
We seek someone with:
- Strong team leadership ability is required, with 5+ years experience as a direct manager of teams in a customer-facing pre-sales technical role.
- 5+ years in a customer-facing technical role.
- Experience mentoring & coaching Solution Engineers.
- Experience with strategic planning & setting strategies for Technical Sales teams & advising non-Technical Sales teams.
- Experience building programs that have impact & reach across teams.
- Hands on approach to problem solving. Always ready to work opportunities directly alongside your team when needed.
- A strong understanding of the enterprise new business sales cycle, as well as experience in the technology areas relevant to Twilios market: contact center, IP-based telephony, messaging, real-time communications, scaling web & mobile applications.
- A world class communicator. Confident influencing & engaging with a highly skilled & experienced audience including C-level executives.
As Solutions Engineering Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Partner with sales leadership to set our strategy for finding, closing & supporting new opportunities & expanding the Twilio footprint in our existing customer base.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Works across functions to ensure collaboration for shared goals.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Build & roll out programs that facilitate scaling.
- DONT SETTLE: Attract, develop, & motivate a team of high-performing Solutions Engineers, continually educating your team & seeking innovative solutions for improving your team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Technical strategy determine what role sales engineers should play in closing new business, & how to deploy the existing resources most effectively.
- WRITE IT DOWN & BE BOLD: Measure & communicate results use data to communicate results & make decisions.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Ensure that your team has the support that they need to be successful as well as providing direct coaching & guidance on a day to day basis.
- DONT SETTLE: Engage with Product, Support, Sales, Operations, Legal, Security, Engineering, & every single other department as necessary to make your customers successful on our platform.
The Enterprise Sales team is critical to Twilios continued revenue growth & Solutions Engineering plays a crucial role in the success of sales at Twilio. Bringing new customers on board to our platform requires excellent technical understanding & communication & a close partnership with the Sales team. Twilios API driven approach to powering communications allows for nearly unlimited variety of use cases which leads to constant technical learning & exploration. Solutions Engineering is essential to drive our continued success in bringing on new customers with all sorts of use cases onto our platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our New York office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.