What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Do you want to have a distinctive role in a new & emerging industry? Are you passionate about building new processes & systems? Do you want to help take a company public? BlockFi operates within the emerging & groundbreaking cryptocurrency industry. The Transformation Associate has the opportunity to not only work on a variety of projects but also shape & define the future of BlockFi. Youll be the first to do a lot of things. Youll help build best in class infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to differentiate your career, increase your visibility & define your brand.
The Transformation Associate will report directly to the Head of Accounting Policy and:
- Identify areas for improvement & control enhancements across the finance & accounting functions
- Support Ad Hoc projects inclusive of regulatory & external audit reviews
- Contribute to various sub-ledger & general ledger implementation projects
- Continuously monitor, recommend & implement process improvement initiatives to increase effectiveness & productivity
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Desire & ability to work in a fast-paced environment, in an ambiguous & developing structure
- Track record of meeting tight working deadlines, & prioritizing workload are essential
- 4+ years of total experience in a major Public Accounting Firm and/or a large, multinational company in similar capacity is required
- Experience working in a Big 4 is a big plus
- Demonstrated experience in external financial reporting & analysis with a strong knowledge of SOX practices & controls.
- Must have up-to-date knowledge of the financial services companies including, but not limited to, working knowledge of derivatives, fair value, investments, & loan accounting
- Experience on listed financial services, banking and/or trading clients is preferable.
- Interest in cryptocurrency markets is required, though previous experience is not
- Strong interpersonal, analytical & communication skills necessary
- Ability to interpret complex technical accounting issues & implement practical solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!