The Global IT Operations team at VaynerX is tasked with providing best-in-class technical support to our employees & ensuring they have the tools & resources they need to execute at a high level. On this team, you wont just be pushing buttons - youll bring your critical thinking skills & an openness to learning new things as we find innovative ways to bring value to our team. We are the backbone of a rapidly growing global agency, & a sense of enthusiasm, drive, & kindness underscores everything we do. We are not your stereotypical IT department - we are on the frontlines, working side by side with our fellow team members to get the job done (and have a little fun along the way).
We are looking for an IT Support Manager to join our growing IT Operations team. You will be a mentor for a team of IT Support Analysts & help drive consistent & scalable policies across the many companies that constitute VaynerX. One of your primary responsibilities will be owning our global ticketing system, which involves responding to employee requests & resolving escalations from our support team. Youll work closely with Office Ops, HR, Finance, & other teams on cross-functional tasks that require IT assistance, & facilitate the training process for new & existing support team members. Youll also oversee our hardware asset inventory, administrate core platforms such as G Suite & Slack, & update our tracking sheets, making sure every task is actioned in a timely manner. Because of the hands-on nature of this role, youll be expected to work from our Hudson Yards HQ to best support the needs of the team.
Were mostly a Mac shop, so a strong Apple background & knowledge of Mac-focused MDMs is essential. Youll spend a lot of time in our core platforms, configuring user accounts, groups, & other settings. A solid understanding of networking protocols & server technologies is useful as well. This role requires someone willing to wear many hats, & to have a vested interest in helping our employees remove blockers & get their work done. Youll use your natural leadership skills in handling any request our team faces, while also keeping the big picture in mind & thinking of the implication of any actions taken. Were looking for someone who is driven to succeed, can find creative solutions to new challenges, & will motivate others to do their best. Our company moves quickly; we need someone who can embrace ambiguity & say how can I help? even in unfamiliar situations.
Youll have a unique opportunity to help shape the future of VaynerX as a leader & a mentor on the IT Operations team. If this sounds exciting to you, & youre ready to step forward & be a part of a really awesome team, then wed love to hear from you.
- Ensure all IT support tickets are actioned & resolved in a timely manner, & that all responses reflect both the helpfulness & expertise of our department
- Follow & enforce all policies established by the global IT team
- Provide oversight & quality control for the employee onboarding & offboarding process, including the creation/deletion of accounts, IT orientation, laptop deployment, & other tasks as needed
- Provide direct IT support through multiple channels (tickets, emails, Slack, & in-person) & field questions from IT Support Analysts
- Take ownership of any IT-related issues our employees raise, including access requests, printing, network, authentication, hardware, software, or policy issues
- Audit our tracking sheets, laptop inventory, & other software platforms to ensure all outstanding tasks are completed & user lists are up to date
- Manage our hardware asset inventory, including purchasing, inventory management, & decommissioning
- Document policies & procedures, both for the internal IT team & the VaynerX team at large
- Ensure all A/V equipment & conference room tech is up to date & fully functional
- Support onsite client team meetings & all hands meetings from a tech perspective
- Split time between our Hudson Yards HQ & Long Island City office as needed
- Partner with Director of IT on cross-functional projects & emerging issues
- Regularly communicate with Los Angeles, London, & Singapore IT staff & drive consistent policy approach across all offices (may require scheduling meetings outside of EST working hours)
- 1-5 years in a help desk manager role, preferably at a startup and/or digital marketing company
- Experience leading, mentoring, & motivating an internal IT help desk team
- Proven experience in customer support & a real passion for helping people
- Strong attention to detail & laser-like focus on IT process
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Strong skills as an admin for the following tools: G Suite, Slack, Office 365, Adobe, Box, & Zoom
- Strong skills with macOS in enterprise environments, including experience with Mac-focused MDMs (such as JAMF or Mosyle)
- Some familiarity with networking concepts, Windows PCs, conference room A/V, live events (all hands meetings), & enterprise storage systems
- Some familiarity with Google Apps Script, bash scripting, or other coding languages
- A willingness to step outside of your comfort zone & take on new challenges, & knowing when to escalate issues to your manager