About the Role
The Technology team at WeWork is looking for a passionate, self-starting, organized & team-oriented Regional Coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate is eager to play the meaningful supporting role of growing & managing a team, has stellar interpersonal skills, & has the ability to perform in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
The Regional Coordinator is responsible for helping to maintain & facilitate operational processes for all teams based in New York City. You will first & foremost support day-to-day operational needs including office planning & maintenance, event coordination, local team communication, regionally-based initiatives, & assistance with local hiring & onboarding. This will also include leadership support as needed.
- Office maintenance (supplies, snacks, space planning, managing new hires, etc.)
- Support local leadership with team management, administration & project management
- Travel & event planning & coordination
- Organize & streamline regional communication
- Management of budget in local region
- Management of local people operations
- Management of hiring & onboarding duties in local office
- Coordination & collaboration with WeWork HQ & other local functions
- 1-2 years working experience
- College degree (BA/BS)
- Ability to lead projects with a track record of successful execution.
- Proficiency in Google Suite; Google Sheets & Google Slides specifically.
- Inclination for learning new systems & applications.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Understanding of budget, talent acquisition, office management, and/or HR processes a plus.
- Strong calendar management skills (using google calendar to liaison with multiple stakeholders within the company)
- Strong love for learning, applying that learning, & organizing a team
- Hardworking & ready to learn
- Shown problem-solving abilities to achieve challenging deadlines & priorities.
- Ability to anticipate change & react efficiently & expeditiously.
- Able to manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Proven ability to work with senior executives & handle confidential information.
- Detail-oriented & meticulous
- Excels under pressure & can maintain a calm demeanor at all times in a dynamic environment.
- Works well independently as well as with a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 30+ counties, & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.