BARK RETAIL: WHO ARE WE?
As a complement to our popular DTC subscription businesses, BARK Retail is actively engaging dog parents across partners in various sectors. These partners range from food retailers to drugstores, to mass-market chains, membership clubs, pet specialty businesses, lifestyle brands & more. The team boasts a portfolio of channel leading partners that we are proud to call family. There is tremendous white space in front of us, & our ambition for BARK Retail is great. We aspire to do more & better in the space, to think through the dogs eye view, & to consider ourselves true partners with both our dog parents & our retail customers.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Retail Marketing Manager to accelerate the growth of BARK at retail. This role will report to the head of marketing & strategy. Your role will be to lead BARKs day-to-day customer & shopper marketing planning & execution, as well as engagement programming across all of our retail partners. BARK is an innovative & experiential brand, & we need someone who thinks creatively. Standard retail marketing practices apply, but ultimately fall short of our brand ambition - we want to improve, evolve, & innovate the current retail experience & we need someone who loves to experiment & think outside the box.
- Recommend, develop, & execute marketing strategies, plans, & programs for specific product lines within the BARK portfolio. These include advertising, social/ digital communication, retail programming, in-store visual merchandising, & event programming.
- Aspire to create strategic shopper programs. Youll do this through digital & social media, customer loyalty programs, account-specific marketing assets, & disruptive point of sale tools that drive awareness & conversion.
- Build strong relationships (both internally & externally) across BARK sales, planning, marketing, PR, merchandising, & creative design teams, as well as among external customer marketing teams.
- Lead cross-functionally by setting marketing plan objectives & goals, gaining alignment on marketing strategies, & driving flawless execution that is on time & on-budget.
- Set program KPIs, track & report on program performance, & conduct post-program analyses with recommendations how to optimize in the future.
- 4-6 years marketing experience with a proven track-record of driving retail awareness & engagement.
- A proven ability to develop & deliver against actionable insights
- Shopper marketing, channel & event experience preferred.
- Experience in persistently but diplomatically navigating matrixed organizations to solve problems big & small.
- Experience in confidence building relationships with external partners
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional collaboration skills & the ability to positively influence various partners.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Comfortable working independently, as well as within a cross-functional team.
- A creative thinker, with a high sense of urgency & entrepreneurial spirit.
- Exceptional project & time management skills.
- Strong strategic, analytical, & execution skills.
- Strong & effective verbal, written & presentation delivery skills.
- Ability to build & leverage informal networks.
- Ability to anticipate issues & resolve them based on sound business judgment.
- Youre a crazy dog person & youre not afraid to own it. Its to the point that you own several items of clothing, all of which say different variations of Im a crazy dog person & Im not afraid to own it.
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.