Who We Are
Culture Amp is the worlds most trusted Employee Experience platform. Our mission is to create a better world of work for 100 million people by helping companies put their people & culture first.
We do this by bringing together pioneering people science & powerful technology. Over 3000 companies like Airbnb, Slack, & the BBC trust Culture Amp to collect, understand & connect data throughout the employee experience. The insights help them truly understand their people & guide them on the best actions to drive positive behavior change & lasting impact. We live in a world where the ability to understand & influence culture at scale is no longer a nice-to-have but a necessary-to-survive.
Join us in making the world better, by making a better world of work.
How you can help make a better world of work
In our Performance camp, we work in mission-based teams on various areas of our platform. As an engineer, you will be helping ideate, improve & build our features, such as 1-on-1 conversations, goal setting, development & performance management, as well as encouraging & facilitating meaningful feedback. You will be using the tools yourself, so we take great pride in what we deliver.
We encourage our teams to work in the open & collaborate across camps. For example, we have a component library for our design system, which you can check out at https://cultureamp.design. Engineers arent expected to know everything before they start, & are given opportunities to learn as part of their role.
We use React with TypeScript on the front-end & Ruby on Rails on the back-end. Our engineers participate in engineering practice meetings to self-organise & improve our stack. Examples of improvements from these meetings are Cypress testing across our important routes, DRY structs & monads on the back-end, & a GraphQL API. These practice meetings are a great opportunity to share learnings & bring best practices into our codebase.
All of our teams are remote-first & support flexible working arrangements. We use modern practices such as use of Slack, pull requests & code management via Github, & continuous delivery via Buildkite.
What You Bring to Our Camp
- You are able to collaborate & communicate with others about your work. We work out loud in our mission based teams so everyone is on the same page, even those who work remotely or in different time zones.
- You will have a sustained track record of creating major improvements to entire systems around stability, security, performance, & scalability. It might not have gone perfectly but your lessons learnt are just important as your wins.
- Whilst your focus will be the frontend, there will be times when your team needs you to jump in & help on the backend.
- You are energised at the prospect of coaching & growing engineers, but also up for helping grow engineering knowledge outside of engineering
- You are adept at communicating complex technical matters in a clear, understandable way to non-technical people
- You naturally think out loud, bringing others into conversations & so encouraging cross pollination of ideas.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average & strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work & have fun doing it. So we have created 4 not your average values that we live by, take a read, & if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for company results, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, & endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in & out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - its important to us that everyone is an owner & can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave & in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, lets make work, work for you
- Fun & inclusive digital, & (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in peoples lives.
Here are a few highlights from Culture Amp