BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR
BARK is looking for a Financial Data Engineer to help design, build & grow systems for ingesting & processing financial data, in order to support the financial reporting for the entire company. The ideal candidate will have a sophisticated understanding of various financial processes, such as the order to cash cycle, & will be able to translate financial reporting requirements into the structural data requirements. This is a highly collaborative role, which will require partnering with our tech team & ERP team, in order to develop creative & sustainable solutions to maintain the data tables & support ongoing reporting. We are looking for an individual with exceptional communication skills who is able to work cross functionally & with stakeholders, some of whom may not have a data background.
- Design, create & maintain reliable data pipelines for financial data
- Implement solutions required for optimal extraction, transformation & loading of financial data from various internal & external data sources such as Databases, APIs, SFTP, S3, etc.
- Identify & improve existing processes with considerations to automation, accuracy, security & content delivery
- Interpret & visualize data, identify issues & complexities, translate nuances to production quality code, & report key findings to inform the direction of projects
- Design & maintain the master financial subscription revenue tables, including sales orders, invoices, & revenue (shipments)
- Deliver reporting to support ongoing financial processes & analysis, including accounting month end & financial forecasting
- Ability to clearly communicate findings to non-data savvy stakeholders in layman terms, in particular the finance & accounting teams
- Work collaboratively with various departments across the organization, including the engineering & technology teams
- Prior involvement with financial data, familiarity with accounting principles (GAAP) & processes, & experience in supporting financial reporting & analysis
- 4+ years' experience writing readable, modular, production quality Python code to handle varied & complex data
- 4+ years experience writing SQL; Redshift or Postgres preferred
- 1+ years of exp managing junior team member(s)
- Experience with Workload Management Systems, such as Airflow or Luigi
- Experience in business intelligence tools such as Periscope, Looker or Tableau
- Moderate knowledge of AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Familiarity with Kubernetes & Docker
- Moderate grasp of bash / Linux
- Proficient in using Git
- Exceptional communication skills
- Creative problem solver who focuses on improving business & product