Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the role:
You will be responsible for accelerating the adoption & consumption of Foursquares data products within a select group of Enterprise software & cloud partners, with the primary objective of driving direct & indirect revenue (i.e. leads for the direct sales team).
On a day-to-day basis, you will be engaging with key stakeholders (internally & externally) across multiple functions at varying seniority levels. Your partners should walk away from every interaction with the impression that Foursquare is constantly setting a new standard of excellence for what it means to be a preferred data partner. Additionally, you will work with Product & GTM leaders to ensure that Foursquare is properly positioning our products to achieve quarterly & yearly pipeline & revenue goals.
Responsibilities of the role
- Your primary responsibility will be to identify, develop, & lead Foursquare partnerships in order to drive direct or indirect revenue for our Places & Analytics products from the partners customer base Work on regular pipeline, opportunity registration, & business reviews with selected partners
- Understand how each partnership you work on is beneficial for our end customers. Work with marketing to translate that understanding into GTM activities or collateral that evangelize the customer benefits.
- Negotiate commercial terms & contracts with partners.
- Ensure that the selected partners have a best-in-class experience as a Foursquare partner. Act as the day-to-day contact for key channel partner contacts, ensuring timelines are met, & that your partners are receiving the support & resources they need to influence deals in Foursquares favor.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our sales, customer success, marketing & engineering teams to create Win-Win-Win scenarios.
- Be a champion for your partners both internally & externally.
- Prioritize your time & efforts to maximize impact.
- 5+ years in partner sales, channel sales, and/or alliance development, ideally in the software/technology industry
- Extensive customer-facing or partner-facing experience
- Verbal & written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal & external organizations
- Experience working at or with large ISVs (e.g. ESRI, Tableau, Databricks) or with large systems integrators (e.g. Accenture, Cognizant, Slalom)
Nice to have:
- 2+ years experience building/managing pipelines, revenue growth targets, & go-to-market strategies
- Developed & operated one or more global partner programs
- Able to communicate effectively & efficiently with dozens of stakeholders, & synthesize their needs to engineering, product, legal, & finance teams.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
- Welcome ambiguity, utilizing it to shape strategic thinking
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.